Noob question: How to build an SC?

Talk about anything crafting related here
Nordicus
Myrmidon

Postby Nordicus » Mar 07, 2017 16:57

I am not new to DAOC (play since live beta in 2002) but I am mostly enjoying PvE and trying out different classes and roaming a bit in the BG. I only had a lvl50 char on Lyonesse back in 2005 with an epic amor.

So I have absolutely no idea how to build an SC once I reach lvl 50 here. And the more I read forum threads about imbue points, spellcrafting, salvaging, Loki and Mora's, the more I get confused. My questions are:

1. Is there some kind of tutorial for building an SC once you reach lvl 50 to get ready for RvR? I mean something for a bloody beginner. I know what crafting is (at least I tried it a few time on Uthgard 1) but never made it to a legendary crafter.

2. How do you calculate how many points in each category you need to reach your cap? E.G. how do you know what's your cap in strength, in constitution, in cold resist and so on? As far as I could find out, you need to know that in order to calculate your SC.
2.1. Assume you haven't played a char for a while. How can you see where you spend your 30 start skill points? Even If I remove all items from the char, the values are of course higher than for a new char. So I cannot see if I increased strength or constitution by 10 or 15 points?

3. How do I know which items I need? Should I use an item database, search for fitting items and calculate everything until I have a set of items which cap everything?

Found a tutorial for the Loki tool and watched the screenshots with the description but I don't even understood that tuturial. You have to enter some values for minimum strength, constitution and so on and I don't know what I should enter there.
All this sounds like rocket since to me. Why have Mythic implemented such a super complicated system?

Sorry, I am only a casual player. I just try to understand. Going in RvR with epic armor or even DF armor is no good idea, or?

Thank you for your help!

Halma
Myrmidon

Postby Halma » Mar 07, 2017 18:04

There is a tutorial on youtube for Moras (just search "daoc tutorial moras"). Unfortunately it's in german, but you can see the steps you need to make a template.
To get ready for RvR you just need to balance your stats to get everything close to cap.
Which leads to point 2.

You do that with a spellcraft tool like Moras or Lokis. Your caps are (and it doesn't matter how you put your starting points):

Attributes: Level x 1.5 (75 for lvl50)
Resists: (Level / 2) + 1 (26% for lvl50) (+Race bonus)
Skills: (Level / 5) + 1 (+11) (+1 for every Realm Rank after RR1)
Hit points: Level x 4 (+200)
Power: (Level / 2) + 1 (+25)

There are only a few viable jewels/bracers/belts/cloaks/rings for a lvl 50 template in classic. You usually build your spellcrafted items around these, because these slots are not customizable. I know there are threads in the subforums Hibernia and Midgard with confirmed items for Uthgard, don't know for Albion though. Use these as your source.

Just play around with the spellcraft tool. First create the armor with the quality which automatically gives you the points you can spend. Then put some stats in it. Gems higher than +3 skills or +18 stats are usually not good because they need too many points (points needed is not a linear curve, more exponential). Play around with overcharge. Lvl 51 99% items for example have 28 imbue points, Masterpieces have 32. You can overcharge them with 5 points (which also has a risk of blowing up the spellcrafter and your item ;) ).

There is also a sticky thread in every class forum for templates, which should be a good start.
<Kavar Grunas Bar> - Midgard
For the old ones among us: formerly Avalon/Mid <Frostbringer> (2002-2004)

Nordicus
Myrmidon

Postby Nordicus » Mar 07, 2017 18:14

Thanks a lot for your help, Halma. I think I will start with the video and see if I can go from there! With your information above I start to understand the theory behind all that stuff.

Btw: German is no issue as I am from Germany. :grin:

Esme
Phoenix Knight

Postby Esme » Mar 08, 2017 06:14

maybe this helps
thought it was gone but i found the post again ^^
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=9304

Return to Crafting