df seal salvage levels (metalworking)

Talk about anything crafting related here
dipndots
Warder

Postby dipndots » Jan 28, 2017 22:22

hey guys, just wondering what levels i can start salvaging/trinketing each type of seal, and at what level i get the minimum material loss?

in other words, i have two questions:

1) what is the bare minimum level of mw i need to be to start salvaging and trinketing emerald seal weapons if i don't care about material loss? what about sapphire? diamond?

2) what level mw SHOULD i be to get the max return on salvaging and trinketing emerald seals? sapphire? diamond?

TheDagger
Guardian

Postby TheDagger » Feb 04, 2017 12:14

That is something I would like to know as well :)

Luluko
Warder

Postby Luluko » Feb 04, 2017 12:48

just my observation but I think you can salvage lvl 25 items with 500 in metalworking without loss and emerald items were lvl 33 if I remember right, so I would assume 660 metalworking for those? just a guess tho

zan
Warder

Postby zan » Feb 04, 2017 17:51

800 afaik to get the most out of df salv.
Mighty - Shaman - Kevin - Savage - Messi - Runemaster

Lazyghost
Myrmidon

Postby Lazyghost » Feb 08, 2017 13:24

WTB DF Seals - Info for salvaging

Okay let me see if I can summarize (a real challenge for me) some notes about Salvaging. Please excuse the n00b level assumptions, I wanted to write the document to cover a broad reader base.

Metal is the most valuable of all the resources, it is where most of us are making the decent coin. Don't discard the other resources, just realize they are not the real big money items.

In order to just -salvage- back 100% of the bars you need:
Sapphire - 600 Metalworking
Diamond - 700 Metalworking
Netherite - 800 Metalworking
Arcanite - 900 Metalworking
You seriously gyp yourself of bars if you attempt to salvage an item and do not have a high enough metal skill. Don't do it, sell the stuff to a higher crafter till you get your Metalworking up there.

Trinketing out all the bars out into hinges and selling them back to the vendor makes you 98% of the value of the bars. Do not sell the bars back to the vendor directly, you're losing 50% of the value. Sell them to a higher level crafter till you get your Metalworking up there. You need and -additional- 50 points in Metalworking to be able to make hinges out of these metals.

In order to make the hinges at a -yellow- con, the numbers look like this:
Sapphire - 650 Metalworking
Diamond - 750 Metalworking
Netherite - 850 Metalworking
Arcanite - 950 Metalworking
Now making anything at a yellow con takes an age. You will be cranking out tons of hinges, so you really want this to go as quickly as possible. You'll need about 50 more points to get these to a gray con. Then they build at twice the speed and cannot fail to create. So you're really looking at these numbers in order to be effective, or else you'll go nuts with the time that you'll spend:
Sapphire - 700 Metalworking
Diamond - 800 Metalworking
Netherite - 900 Metalworking
Arcanite - 1000 Metalworking
All the top level drops in the ""Classic"" DaoC areas, including all Darkness Falls items above 12 Dps / AF 70-72 will salvage for diamond bars. You'll never get Netherite nor Arcanite slavage drops in the ""Classic"" areas (although Im not certain about any Summoner Hall drops). Finlaith Firebrands salvage for 68bars/153g, but are tougher to come by now that the focus pulling groups run the insta finn spot nowadays. Any of the Drakescale armour also salvages for vast amounts of diamond (sorry I don't have the exact numbers). You may be able to buy them off powerlevelers who are in CM.

DF Salvage:
Buy Emerald seals for no more than 1g
Buy Sapphire seals for no more than 3.3g
Buy Diamond seals for no more than 10g
You'll make roughly 30% profit buying DF gear, salvaging and trinketing out all the diamond bars using these numbers.

There was a time when you really needed to know what stuff to buy in order to keep from shortchanging yourself. The DF gear salvage rates were all ""normalized"" by Mythic a while back, so it is now all fairly consistent. But there are a few items that will gain you a few more silver pieces due to rounding. And it is a big hassle to look up what armour/weapons will be salvaging for diamond bars (as opposed to saphire) as per their dps/af values when a stealther could put a knife in your back at any second. Use the following guide:

Buy:
- Emerald seals: Avernal Maligned Rapier
(returns 1.5370g per seal)
- Sapphire seals: Accursed Daemon Longsword
(returns 5.0077g per seal)
- Diamond seals: Infernal Malison Broadsword
(returns 14.9040g per seal)
See the ""Latest DF Salvage rates"" post in this forum for the details on the above table.

The ""unique"" drops in and around AF in SI will salvage for Netherite and Arcanite, but on a modified salvage table. The SI ""unique"" items all fall into 3 categories; ""large"", ""medium"" and ""small"". Large items are LW weapons and hauberks, small items are gloves, boots and daggers. Medium is most of the rest of the items in between. Large salvages for 15 metal bars, medium for 10, and small for 5.

The dps/af correlations in the SI ""unique"" drops are not quite as direct as we'd expect to see by looking at it from a tradeskiller's perspective. The highest end 16.5dps/102AF items will always salvage for Arcanite, the lower end items salvaged for Netherite. But the around the mid range 15dps/40-45AF items seem to warble back and fourth between salvaging for Netherite and Arcanite.

Minaor
Warder

Postby Minaor » Feb 13, 2017 12:26

Lazyghost wrote:- Diamond seals: Infernal Malison Broadsword
(returns 14.9040g per seal)

Thx for all the infos, got a question here though :

Why some crafters are buying 15gold per diamond seals if it's worth the same price ?
My guess will be that they need the arcanite to craft weapons/armors and this way it's cheaper than buying at merchant but I'm not sure.

Foneb
Eagle Knight

Postby Foneb » Feb 13, 2017 13:15

Prolly not crafters but guys who need the equip
Hiois - Ranger 9lX Uth 1.0
Hiois - Enchanter 6lx Uth 2.0
Mugad - Warden 4lx Uth 2.0
Esigil - Druid 3lx Uth 2.0
Hioisx - Nightshade 1lx Uth 2.0

marcacous
Warder

Postby marcacous » Apr 14, 2017 16:31

come to albion, couple weeks ago diamonds were selling for 40-50g EACH!

now that we are starting to get DF a little more regularly and higher levels/templated players the price is dropping alot but still nowhere near those prices to buy seals for crafting yet though

Return to Crafting