Crafting Respec?

Talk about anything crafting related here
Xinxang
Guardian

Postby Xinxang » Jan 09, 2017 05:25

Can I speak with someone to train from armorcraft to weaponcraft? Do I even need to or can I get weaponcraft up to %100 of armorcraft?
I'm an unhappy grouch crouched behind my tacky couch. ~mcpb<br><br>Listen to Bonobo<br>

Caldrian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Caldrian » Jan 09, 2017 15:28

You cant respec and you cant train another skill to 100%.
Last edited by Caldrian on Jan 09, 2017 17:28, edited 2 times in total.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jan 09, 2017 16:37

There is a respec NPC in each capital. You need to see him to change skill.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Stasis
Eagle Knight

Postby Stasis » Jan 09, 2017 16:55

I have read somewhere that you could respec to alc and sc but not other way around and it was a quest given from an NPC in capital.

Caldrian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Caldrian » Jan 09, 2017 17:34

yeah, there was a one time option to change from whatever you had to sc/alchemy, but not anything else... custom change? :hammer:

1.54 patchnotes wrote:Trade Skill Reset

In order to "wipe" your trade skills so that your character can learn Spellcraft/Alchemy if they already belong to another trade Order, we've put in a special quest in each Realm that will guide your character through the process. Please note that you can only go on this quest ONCE, and you can only do it to switch from whatever tradeskill you currently know to Spellcraft or Alchemy - NOT to any other tradeskill.

We've placed an NPC in each of the capital cities of each realm in the general vicinity of the name registrar. Each of these NPC’s will instruct you as to the process of changing your order. Please note that once you have established yourself within the new order, you cannot change back. All of these changes are final!

Change Trade Order NPCs:

Albion – Edie Wharton
Hibernia – Fabrice
Midgard – Gudmund

Puchu
Warder

Postby Puchu » Jan 11, 2017 00:29

I chosed Tailoring on the wrong character and want to respec to Spellcrafting, i found Edie Wharton as mentioned in the post above as the respec NPC for Albion but she dont want to speak with me :gaga:

Delvor
Guardian

Postby Delvor » Jan 13, 2017 00:02

Does this mean that if we are currently SC or Alch we are NOT able to use this npc to switch to something like tailoring? Or did I read that wrong?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jan 14, 2017 00:37

anybody read the message from the crafting master when you chose your tradeskill? they ask if you are sure because you cannot switch after you accept the tradeskill!!!
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jan 14, 2017 02:22

Trishin wrote:There is a respec NPC in each capital. You need to see him to change skill.

I am sorry, the NPC we used to have has been disabled a long time ago - I forgot this 8O Sorry!
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....

Puchu
Warder

Postby Puchu » Jan 16, 2017 13:58

Trishin wrote:
Trishin wrote:There is a respec NPC in each capital. You need to see him to change skill.

I am sorry, the NPC we used to have has been disabled a long time ago - I forgot this 8O Sorry!

Will the NPC be enabled again?

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jan 16, 2017 15:03

No, sorry

wla
Gryphon Knight

Postby wla » Jan 30, 2017 17:08

Caldrian wrote:yeah, there was a one time option to change from whatever you had to sc/alchemy, but not anything else... custom change? :hammer:

1.54 patchnotes wrote:Trade Skill Reset

In order to "wipe" your trade skills so that your character can learn Spellcraft/Alchemy if they already belong to another trade Order, we've put in a special quest in each Realm that will guide your character through the process. Please note that you can only go on this quest ONCE, and you can only do it to switch from whatever tradeskill you currently know to Spellcraft or Alchemy - NOT to any other tradeskill.

We've placed an NPC in each of the capital cities of each realm in the general vicinity of the name registrar. Each of these NPC’s will instruct you as to the process of changing your order. Please note that once you have established yourself within the new order, you cannot change back. All of these changes are final!

Change Trade Order NPCs:

Albion – Edie Wharton
Hibernia – Fabrice
Midgard – Gudmund

*bump*

any comment from a GM on that topic :-)?

Don't argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jan 30, 2017 17:15

These were meant for people who had a craft when spellcrafting and alchemy was introduced so people had a chance to pick up these crafts on old characters. Since that dilemma is not a problem on Uthgard there is no need for this NPC.

wla
Gryphon Knight

Postby wla » Jan 30, 2017 17:53

Trishin wrote:These were meant for people who had a craft when spellcrafting and alchemy was introduced so people had a chance to pick up these crafts on old characters. Since that dilemma is not a problem on Uthgard there is no need for this NPC.

but they clearly existed on patch 1.65 (just like crafting merchants in HZ :? ... ) ?

and, as you can see by this topic, there is a need for these quests/ for this feature on uthgard as well

does it make sense to creat a post on issue tracker for this and let the community decide, or have GMs decided this on their own?

Don't argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Jan 30, 2017 18:10

No doesn't make sense. It blocks too much resources. The intent of Mythic was clearly written in their patch notes. They wanted to allow existing players to learn SC which did not exist before.

Mythic wrote:In order to "wipe" your trade skills so that your character can learn Spellcraft/Alchemy if they already belong to another trade Order, we've put in a special quest in each Realm that will guide your character through the process. Please note that you can only go on this quest ONCE, and you can only do it to switch from whatever tradeskill you currently know to Spellcraft or Alchemy - NOT to any other tradeskill.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Next

Return to Crafting