Moras in English and Setupcraftbar

Talk about anything crafting related here
Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Feb 10, 2018 21:59

Hello,
I tried to import items in Moras.
I logged a character, activate chat log, then right clic and OPEN each item on this character, then i closed the chat log and gone to Moras: Database, Import, Chat.log.
All jewel, rings, bracers, necklace, cloak, belt were imported correctly in the database, but none of the 6 pièces of armor (crafted items) nor the 2 weapons (loots).
Whats wrong ?

I cant find any item database for Moras.
I cant import items databases from other Tools (as Loki, Kort's or other), Moras ignores xml files ?
I cant import Template from Kort's or Loki, Moras ignores templates from other Tools ?

Thanks for help.
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

Kabouik
Myrmidon

Postby Kabouik » Mar 30, 2018 15:54

I am getting lost in all the Moras databases that have been uploaded to various file sharing websites:

1. It is hard to keep track on versions because older files may be better indexed than updated files, and the URLs may not be shared in all places
2. The URLs may expire or easily get lost
3. There is no file versioning

Therefore I have initiated a Uth-Moras Github repository so that we can forever find the necessary files in one unique place, and hopefully always keep track on databases updates without confusion among concurrent versions.

I do not master the git workflow, so I am not sure yet how this is going to work when databases are updated. If you are comfortable with the tool, please PM me. Alternatively, links can be shared to me via PM or issues on Github, and I'll update the repository accordingly. For now, only the Midgard database posted here yesterday (it has been made public so I thought I could mirror it on Github, please PM me otherwise) has been posted, because I don't know where are the last versions for Albion and Hibernia databases. I'll upload them as soon as I get my hands on the files.

Uth-Moras Github repository
Last edited by Kabouik on Mar 30, 2018 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
[Mid] Koubiak, Krafilnaavith
[Hib] Soazig

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Mar 30, 2018 15:59

Beware of using the Uthgard mora dbs shared around. Many items have changed, no longer drops, or has never been available on Uthgard. I highly suggest starting from scratch if anyone wants to build a proper Uthgard database. (I know many of the Uthgard db holders/maintainers will argue this point, but from having literally full access to what items drops and from where, I have yet to see a good Uthgard mora db)
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Kabouik
Myrmidon

Postby Kabouik » Mar 30, 2018 16:03

Trishin wrote:Beware of using the Uthgard mora dbs shared around. Many items have changed, no longer drops, or has never been available on Uthgard. I highly suggest starting from scratch if anyone wants to build a proper Uthgard database. (I know many of the Uthgard db holders/maintainers will argue this point, but from having literally full access to what items drops and from where, I have yet to see a good Uthgard mora db)

Good point, I'll add a disclaimer on the repository's readme. In any case, I think the databases should all be securely stored in one unique and durable place.

About licences, am I allowed to mirror Moras-1.74.exe?
[Mid] Koubiak, Krafilnaavith
[Hib] Soazig

Banael
Warder

Postby Banael » Nov 19, 2018 09:55

Anyone would have a hib Moras db that they can share please ?
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?

needs
Myrmidon

Postby needs » Sep 26, 2021 03:42

are there any updated links for the original post?

ty

Previous

Return to Crafting