Gandelf's Real Life Visit to Lough Derg

Forum for everything else
Andbriwal
Warder

Postby Andbriwal » Dec 27, 2021 23:00

Hello friends. Hope you're all doing well.
It's taken me a number of years to do this, but finally I got my act together to produce a short presentation on my visit to Lough Derg in real life, in 2015. I'm sorry it's taken me so long, but it's finally done.
Originally I was just going to post photos, but I thought that they might not remain available indefinitely. So I had the idea of creating a video of my photos and then uploading it to YouTube so that I could simply post the link and thereby ensure that the presentation is there for as long as there's an Uthgard forum or YouTube. Here's the link. Hope you enjoy the short presentation.
https://youtu.be/42QBD12_xVE
Best regards,
Gandelf
Hibernia, Eldritch.
Last edited by Andbriwal on Dec 28, 2021 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

Kessa
Warder

Postby Kessa » Dec 28, 2021 12:36

Nice, you should also visit the cliffs of moher.
Next time!

Andbriwal
Warder

Postby Andbriwal » Dec 28, 2021 14:52

Kessa wrote:Nice, you should also visit the cliffs of moher.
Next time!

We did visit Moher. It was a great place... very windy I remember and with me not being particularly fond of heights I kept at least 6 feet away from the edges of the cliffs. I didn't include any photos of Moher in the presentation because I just wanted to focus on Lough Derg. Maybe I'll make another presentation one day. When we went to Moher I didn't realise that we were quite close to the house that Father Ted lived in the TV series. If I'd known then I would have visited it. Will visit if I return to Ireland in the future.

Kessa
Warder

Postby Kessa » Dec 29, 2021 11:18

Who is Father Ted? :)

Andbriwal
Warder

Postby Andbriwal » Dec 29, 2021 12:55

Kessa wrote:Who is Father Ted? :)

You've not watched the 1990's Irish TV comedy show of the same name? You can see the house I'd like to visit at the end of the opening sequence:-
https://youtu.be/0lP-TOKmmYY

Kessa
Warder

Postby Kessa » Dec 30, 2021 12:20

Ah, ok.
Less neighbours, hehe!

Return to Offtopic Forum