What happend to this server?

Forum for everything else
bran3357
Myrmidon

Postby bran3357 » Apr 17, 2020 09:10

hi everyone, I have been away for some years, and I come back and its dead :( . why?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Apr 17, 2020 11:00

many people think that playing here is too hard and goes to play other places with less consistent code...but they still come here to cry nearly daily.
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Apr 20, 2020 11:25

Server population was declining way before the launch of "over there".

And it kinda just snowballed, as the initial wave left, the server balanced out.

Then a guess people got bored and went to do other things, so second wave left but again population was stable.

Started decling again, at a more rapid pace.

Elsewhere opened, taking it with it the last of the population, leaving the hardcore players who will not leave, ever.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Apr 20, 2020 16:44

The other place have a original developer from the old times and at least, there is development, daily :wink:
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

shaddoe
Guardian

Postby shaddoe » Apr 24, 2020 02:58

"The other place have a original developer from the old times and at least, there is corruption, daily "

There, I fixed that for you.

Wakefield
Myrmidon

Postby Wakefield » Apr 24, 2020 11:16

Hmm I don't see corruption "over there".

What I do see is 400-600 players on each realm each day at Eu prime.

Plus SI raids, which are always a bonus as well.

Hell, I even see Flump roaming around, well at least his deathspam if its the same one.
Wakefield 50 Rej Cleric
Thaddea 50 Sight Necro
Misswhiplash 48 Reaver
On Holiday!
We Play for Keeps

Wakefeld 26 Druid

shaddoe
Guardian

Postby shaddoe » Apr 24, 2020 23:48

Probably a poor choice of words, what I meant was what he calls "development" of a pre-existing game I see as corruption of that game. Didn't intend to imply the staff or management was corrupt, just changing a game that has existed as long as this one isn't "development", rather it is a corruption of what that game is.
Of course if that's your bag it's there for you, have fun you wont see me there.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Nov 17, 2020 02:18

Its also comes down to community management. Realm with a thriving alliance with a balance of all play styles last longer. Realm pride and guild events aren't as common as they used to be. Dragons are also needed here again. :oops:
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Return to Offtopic Forum