Am I the only one who doesnt care about Camelot Unchained?

Forum for everything else
Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Jul 24, 2018 15:19

Since people frequently mention Camelot Unchained will crush all DAoC server, I wanted to ask: Am I the only one who doesnt care about Camelot Unchained at all?

Sure its a Mark Jacobs game and frequently advertised as DAoC 2.0, but man this game looks ugly right now. Plus they have no focus on PvE and then there is this ****** minecraft minigame house/castle building that you are supposed to engage in. Who likes that anyway?

I dont know how it will be in two years, but right now. No thanks, you can keep your DAoC 2.0 :lol:
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jul 24, 2018 15:57

No, but I actually did like the housing stuff. I don't like the look or the fact that its more than 2 years past due.

Popcorn
Warder

Postby Popcorn » Jul 25, 2018 03:53

Yeah couldnt careless at this point. I was hyped during the original Kickstarter campaign but the game isn’t turning out how I had anticipated.
Popcorn - Boosie - Cannabus - Medicated - Kernel
<Kill em All>

pirhana7
Myrmidon

Postby pirhana7 » Jul 25, 2018 07:54

Tree wrote:Since people frequently mention Camelot Unchained will crush all DAoC server, I wanted to ask: Am I the only one who doesnt care about Camelot Unchained at all?

Sure its a Mark Jacobs game and frequently advertised as DAoC 2.0, but man this game looks ugly right now. Plus they have no focus on PvE and then there is this ****** minecraft minigame house/castle building that you are supposed to engage in. Who likes that anyway?

I dont know how it will be in two years, but right now. No thanks, you can keep your DAoC 2.0 :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You must not have seen DAOC in the alpha and Beta. Camelot Unchained actually looks really good for being in alpha. But that's what alpha is, is the core engine, once you get into beta 2 or 3 is when they work on graphics and such.
The building system is nothing you have to engage in if you are not a Crafter. But does make a need for Crafters to gather a lot materials and use caravans, This is basically a system for small man fights and raiding away from the big keep sieges. Raiding Crafters caravans will be a big thing, then bring the resources back to your guild Crafters to make gear with or fortify your guild keep.
Adding PVE would have taken a much larger team, Mark wanted to focus on the best part of DAOC and most would agree that was when you hit 50 and started your realm ranks in RVR so that is basically what all of CU is. think of the progression like DAOC realm ranks. Anyways I would check back in 6 months when they are n Beta 2, you will probably really like it when its a serious open RVR world goin with a lot of classes added.

Jaysun
Myrmidon

Postby Jaysun » Aug 13, 2018 20:16

mildly interested at this point, we'll see when it gets closer to release
Jaysun - Valewalker

Bladed Queen
Warder

Postby Bladed Queen » Sep 02, 2018 04:48

Camelot Unchained seems focused exclusively around RvR and crafting, the latter of which does absolutely nothing for me and is notoriously difficult to inspire excitement about. If the content relies on constant fighting, I expect players to burn out quite rapidly after realizing that there are no alternative activities such as PvE where they can relax in a casual environment and still feel as though they're making character progress.

As much as I enjoy keep sieges and large battles, I'm not always in the mood, and that means I'll be logging out to play a different game at those times. This will continually chip away at the playerbase and potentially cause its collapse after only a few months, particularly if the population is modest at launch. It's a mistaken assumption that MMORPG players, even those who are passionate about PvP, will stay engaged when that is their only option.

Possible solutions during development would be to fill the RvR zones with mobs, ensure there is some form of basic questing, and perhaps create semi-safe areas inside controlled territory with numerous defensive upgrades for the owning guild/realm and patrolling guards that only large forces can defeat. The world itself needs to be atmospheric and immersive as well. I expect boredom to set in almost immediately if it functions mostly as a bare arena.

madskaizer
Eagle Knight

Postby madskaizer » Sep 03, 2018 21:45

I did the CU alpha kickstarter, but never played more than maybe 20 hours, turned out to be way more specific testing than I anticipated. I guess I imagined a server running 24/7 that would just get changes radically and quickly.

So far controls is what is putting me off, the basic general "feel" of how a game controls should be nailed early on. We will see, I bought the game afterall so I will try it at release :)

Dark Age of Camelot Alpha
daoc_alpha01_big.jpg

daoc_alpha02_big.jpg

At EU release
bigred.jpg
Uthgard 2.0 auto-bestiary Zones, maps, monsters, locations, items, drop rates and statistics.
DAoC game mechanics information templates, realm ranks, spell dmg type, melee speed, blocking, exp/group calculation
Alb <M Y T H>: Citybilens, 50 Minstrel, Muchthinarms, 49 Paladin & Boltsarebroken, 48 Wizard
Hib: April, 50 Eldritch
Mid <Myth>: Direktoeren, 50 Shaman, Flammespyd, 50 Runemaster & Skambankeren, 50 Berzerker

also Tesla coil and high voltage is my hobby

TacticsUser
Guardian

Postby TacticsUser » Sep 08, 2018 02:30

Return to Offtopic Forum