[OWTGBP] Wood for bountypoints to repair relic doors

Forum for everything else
holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Jul 05, 2018 09:56

Problem: The relics doors are open all the time. Noone cares to repair them anymore, because its very expansive and a group will destroy it at a time where no players are on anyway. This makes relic raids really boring. On the other hand a lot of players sit on several hundred k of bp and don't know what to do with them.

Solution for both: Implement a merchant in the relics selling wood for bp, the wood should not be sellable or be used for crafting. Make it a fair price, not too cheap, not too expansive. Like 300 bp for 100 dyrwood. This way it will still cost several k bp to fully repair one relic door. And this way the wood can not be used to build rams etc. or make money, just to repair/upgrade doors. Would make keep warfare and relics a challenge again, I see nothing bad about it. Except not beeing 1.65 livelike :roll:

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jul 05, 2018 10:14

The real problem is that we have one world server, and its impossible to defend the relic 24/7.
People take advantage of low pop hours to go get undefended relic.
So why would anybody throw away hard earned gold/wood to buff up relic doors, which will get busted anyway during the night.

What could be implemented is a 24hour to 72 hours cooldown on relic capture, to ensure people have time to repair doors and prepare for the attack, or allow relic capture only from thursday to sunday.

My point of view is that relic capture is supposedly to most important raid of all and people should stop everything they are doing when the relic keep needs defending, however, with one server for all time frames (America, Europe, Asia) there will always be a gap in defense.

Of course, I am for giving a reward for repairing/upgrading doors however, I don't want it to end up like 1 person always logs in to go repair doors, and get free RP, etc...
BP for untradeable uncrafteable wood seems a good idea, but just put a cap with it, one person can only buy 1 or 2 stack per day.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Return to Offtopic Forum