Broadsword New Server?

Forum for everything else
Russiancrushian
Myrmidon

Postby Russiancrushian » Jun 18, 2018 03:17

Broadsword announced about 6-8mo back that there were in the process of creating a new server with different ruleset from classic. With Pendragon having PVP ruleset, anyone else think/heard they may be launching Mordred 2.0?

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Jun 18, 2018 10:03

The population on the pvp servers dropped faster than Uthgard 2.0 :lol:
There won't be a pvp server ever. Deal with it 8)
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » Jun 18, 2018 10:10

Deal with it 8)

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Jun 18, 2018 10:24

DaoC servers needs casual players to be sustainable.

Casual players don't play PvP servers.
Albion and having fun

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jun 18, 2018 13:08

There was daoc PvP shard a while ago.unfortunatly all our PvP lovers here never showed up again after being raped by DG lol.that was nice to see.

Russiancrushian
Myrmidon

Postby Russiancrushian » Jun 18, 2018 16:07

I dont know man. Mordred was booming for a good long while. What killed mordred was the ability to portal around anywhere at any time. As soon as that was implemented, the pop diminished quickly.

I think it could pan out. If done correctly.

Russiancrushian
Myrmidon

Postby Russiancrushian » Jun 18, 2018 16:09

Also, we arent talking about a pleb free server (other failed PvP servers) where moronic coders cant figure out how to make a pet walk in a straight line to a target and attack it. Or the damage from levi proc is 1/15th what it should be. It would be on a polished live server, which would be nice in its own regard.
Last edited by Russiancrushian on Jun 18, 2018 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jun 18, 2018 17:40

Russiancrushian wrote:Also, we arent talking about a pleb free server where moronic coders cant figure out how to make a pet walk in a straight line to a target and attack it. Or the damage from levi proc is 1/15th what it should be. It would be on a polished live server, which would be nice in its own regard.

I like that you compare us or any freeshard with a professional company backed software development like BS or Mythic 8)

Yet I miss any other attempt to make a pet or monster walk and NOT pass through any object or wall in its "straight line".
Well, since the idea is to avoid such obstacles along its way we should no longer call it a "straight line" :wink:

Regarding the levi proc I was not able to find any entry in our bug tracker concerning its damage.
Since you think its wrong please create a new issue in our issue tracker with the appropriate evidence how the damage should be.

Regards!
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Russiancrushian
Myrmidon

Postby Russiancrushian » Jun 18, 2018 19:16

Genjiro wrote:
Russiancrushian wrote:Also, we arent talking about a pleb free server where moronic coders cant figure out how to make a pet walk in a straight line to a target and attack it. Or the damage from levi proc is 1/15th what it should be. It would be on a polished live server, which would be nice in its own regard.

I like that you compare us or any freeshard with a professional company backed software development like BS or Mythic 8)

Yet I miss any other attempt to make a pet or monster walk and NOT pass through any object or wall in its "straight line".
Well, since the idea is to avoid such obstacles along its way we should no longer call it a "straight line" :wink:

Regarding the levi proc I was not able to find any entry in our bug tracker concerning its damage.
Since you think its wrong please create a new issue in our issue tracker with the appropriate evidence how the damage should be.

Regards!

That wasnt a poke at Uthgard in any form. He mentioned PvP shards coming and going super fast. My reference was that those free shards failed so hard because their systems were flawed and not working as they should.

Uthgard has done well to obtain the development level they were targeting. I know text words can easily be taken out of context, so hope you at least get to see this rebutle.

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Jun 18, 2018 21:50

Russiancrushian wrote:Broadsword announced about 6-8mo back that there were in the process of creating a new server with different ruleset from classic. With Pendragon having PVP ruleset, anyone else think/heard they may be launching Mordred 2.0?

Pendragon was PvE ruleset as of a couple weeks ago.

They will periodically change to PvP ruleset to make testing easier, since you can communicate between realms easier with PvP ruleset.
Alainna

Russiancrushian
Myrmidon

Postby Russiancrushian » Jun 19, 2018 00:04

Ahhh, boo! I was so excited they might do a pvp server again.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jun 19, 2018 12:09

Russiancrushian wrote:That wasnt a poke at Uthgard in any form. He mentioned PvP shards coming and going super fast. My reference was that those free shards failed so hard because their systems were flawed and not working as they should.

Uthgard has done well to obtain the development level they were targeting. I know text words can easily be taken out of context, so hope you at least get to see this rebutle.

Sure. All good :)
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Return to Offtopic Forum