[OWTGXP] Increased XP for Keep takes?

Forum for everything else
Drakonal
Warder

Postby Drakonal » Jun 09, 2018 16:51

Ive been trying to think of some different ideas to help the steep leveling grind, while also promoting RvR.

Adding gigantic amounts of xp for keep captures might be one way to help bring more action out into the frontiers while also helping some of the casual players level up faster. The keeps can give more XP the closer they get to relic keeps/border keeps as well.

Imagine level 43 player spends 2 hours soloing maybe get .5 of a bubble.
Imagine level 43 player spends 2 hours with a zerg force trying to take a keep, get 1k rps and 2 bubbles of XP at 43.

This is a no brainer solution to help the population, esp you faithful NA population who really enjoys this server.
Albion
<The Band>
Drakulaz - Reaver

Vick
Myrmidon

Postby Vick » Jun 09, 2018 18:16

I love this idea !

More ppl in RvR zone, more action, epic keep fights.
Sofely FrenchFlair - Sorceress 7Lx <Sturmklingen>

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jun 09, 2018 18:19

This might be something for the OWTGXP section.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Drakonal
Warder

Postby Drakonal » Jun 09, 2018 19:14

Genjiro wrote:This might be something for the OWTGXP section.

How exactly did this not fit into the general discussion category just out of curiosity?
Albion
<The Band>
Drakulaz - Reaver

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jun 09, 2018 19:26

Drakonal wrote:How exactly did this not fit into the general discussion category just out of curiosity?

OPs idea is "another way to gain xp" in short: OWTGXP

These threads are off-topic since its a discussion to brainstorm ideas between players.
Having these in the general section could lead to members of the community to thinking this is something we (the staff) will consider for Uthgard.
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Drakonal
Warder

Postby Drakonal » Jun 10, 2018 02:03

Genjiro wrote:
Drakonal wrote:How exactly did this not fit into the general discussion category just out of curiosity?

OPs idea is "another way to gain xp" in short: OWTGXP

These threads are off-topic since its a discussion to brainstorm ideas between players.
Having these in the general section could lead to members of the community to thinking this is something we (the staff) will consider for Uthgard.

Usually the staff is pretty good about coming to a thread and out right saying no, and locking the thread. So again you moving this and tagging it seems more like a rug sweep maneuver maybe to shoo the potential of other players more easily seeing it and agreeing with the idea.

Here is a better question, how low is the population going to get before the uthgard staff decides to make changes that might interest players to play here instead of elsewhere? I know the 1.65 or else stance is pretty thick, but i mean technically keeps didn't give realm points in 1.65 so there's that.

Edit: I might not frequent these forums much but also you're wrong on your assumption on players brainstorming between each other. If someone post an idea in the general forum its probably to help the staff with ideas to brainstorm about together with other staff members. Players discussing and brainstorming is simply a by product of that original intent.
Albion
<The Band>
Drakulaz - Reaver

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jun 10, 2018 02:32

Drakonal wrote:Usually the staff is pretty good about coming to a thread and out right saying no, and locking the thread. So again you moving this and tagging it seems more like a rug sweep maneuver maybe to shoo the potential of other players more easily seeing it and agreeing with the idea.

OWTGXP threads have been in off-topic since Jan 18.
Since this thread is about OPs idea please return to the topic now for further responses.

Drakonal
Warder

Postby Drakonal » Jun 10, 2018 02:40

Genjiro wrote:
Drakonal wrote:Usually the staff is pretty good about coming to a thread and out right saying no, and locking the thread. So again you moving this and tagging it seems more like a rug sweep maneuver maybe to shoo the potential of other players more easily seeing it and agreeing with the idea.

OWTGXP threads have been in off-topic since Jan 18.
Since this thread is about OPs idea please return to the topic now for further responses.

Well as the OP, i was thinking keep captures giving quest levels of XP gains would be a perfect way to enhance multiple issues on multiple fronts.

This bonus obviously wouldn't benefit already level 50 characters.
During some play times (NA for example) it can be really hard for new players or transferred characters to find groups to effectively gain experience at an enjoyable and productive pace. Capturing keeps for massive experience fits pretty well into one of the uthgard staff's original intent with crafting bonuses for keep crafting.
It will help give players a dangerous yet extremely rewarding option when trying to level their characters.

I'm open to discuss any alterations or other ideas that would fit this model.
Albion
<The Band>
Drakulaz - Reaver

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jun 10, 2018 03:00

Drakonal wrote:Well as the OP, i was thinking keep captures giving quest levels of XP gains would be a perfect way to enhance multiple issues on multiple fronts.

You can already capture the crafting keeps for rewards. Quest works the same as the bg. We had the feature since day 1

Drakonal
Warder

Postby Drakonal » Jun 10, 2018 04:33

Abydos wrote:
Drakonal wrote:Well as the OP, i was thinking keep captures giving quest levels of XP gains would be a perfect way to enhance multiple issues on multiple fronts.

You can already capture the crafting keeps for rewards. Quest works the same as the bg. We had the feature since day 1

Im talking about every keep capture giving massive xp to anyone in the area of the keep, massive xp similar to how much xp you get from a quest turn in, not talking about any current bonus quest that give XP for keep taking.
Albion
<The Band>
Drakulaz - Reaver

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Jun 22, 2018 03:31

Hey staff, can we do this please... just make keep takes reward crazy xp... same for guards. RVR is slowing down and avg players online is creeping down, could use a bump.

Return to Offtopic Forum