[CU] Any Beta 1 pledgers?

Forum for everything else
[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » Apr 22, 2018 16:49

On 4th of July Beta 1 will start and I am curious if there is ppl here who are going to play? We will probably be a small group of people but in my opinion it is always nice to have a bunch to get the first experience to test, discuss, theorycraft and all the good stuff ;)

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Apr 22, 2018 19:05

I don't think I will play that game, the characters look odd.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Numatic
Warder

Postby Numatic » Apr 23, 2018 23:09

I'm a backer so I'll be trying it. However I believe beta 1 launch will have very little gameplay involved. What people are used to in a beta is a near polished game. This will feel more like an alpha so don't expect too much to do until beta 2-3. A lot of people forget that CU is running on a conventional beta schedule from the old days, not what you get these days. These days devs run a closed beta which will be equivalent to CU in beta 3.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » May 07, 2018 16:55

Just played 2 sessions of Alpha testing on Saturday and Sunday and I am not convinced how this is gonna become a fun game at some point tbh

Pouli
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pouli » May 07, 2018 17:02

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:Just played 2 sessions of Alpha testing on Saturday and Sunday and I am not convinced how this is gonna become a fun game at some point tbh

So, you have to come back playing your thane :)
Poulivore : Weak Singer
Maelig : Endangered species

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » May 07, 2018 17:07

Eh... I don't feel tempted at all tbh :D This server is past its prime in MY opinion. I see that there is a steady amount of people still playing and thats good for them and the staff who successfully fulfilled their mission by going for livelike at all costs but it's just not for me anymore sadly ;) Also I deleted my old google account and can't log in anyway :D

Eorkern
Gryphon Knight

Postby Eorkern » May 08, 2018 11:11

fake excuse...

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » May 08, 2018 12:50

You're right, I actually miss playing on a server where 99% of what you are doing is waiting for the 1% you want to do. DAoC always had a life-sucking aspect but it has never gotten that bad as it is with the current server setup.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » May 08, 2018 22:24

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:You're right, I actually miss playing on a server where 99% of what you are doing is waiting for the 1% you want to do. DAoC always had a life-sucking aspect but it has never gotten that bad as it is with the current server setup.

It is what it is, sadly. We had a great server and well, even though the staff refused to meet the players half-way when it came to certain changes and even though they were cowards and wiped it, ultimately players are the ones to blame for jumping on the original Genesis hype train and starting this avalanche of diarrhea :D. Satiah and a few other whiners who tried to tell a fairy tale that the frontiers are full of rr11 groups who just dump RAs and kill all the fun certainly got what they wanted, 2 fresh starts and now a 3rd one on Phoenix or whatever that poo server is called, but ofc they'll still suck :D.

Trying to have as much fun as I can with the people you like is pretty much all you can hope for here. Although, it's not easy sometimes. Most alliances are infested with Genesis retards and various people who didn't play in 15 years and absolutely refuse to adapt in any way and want meaningless content and "qol" fixes we really don't need. You should read some of these conversations and suggestions, it's like 24h IQ debuff in RL after reading it.
It is what it is.

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » May 09, 2018 06:14

I don't understand why anyone would blame players for chosing to play on a server that was more appealing at the time. It is not like alot of people feel loyalty to a DAoC Freeshard like Uthgard, I mean why would anyone? The Staff has been loyal to only one objective aswell: Livelike changes at all cost.

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » May 14, 2018 15:43

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:Just played 2 sessions of Alpha testing on Saturday and Sunday and I am not convinced how this is gonna become a fun game at some point tbh

I've Alpha access as well, but I'm not loggin in game since like.. 2 years I believe?

I've tried to this weekend, but the patcher was taking for ever to update the client since it was downloading content at 150/200 kb/s for some reason.. It didn't finish before the end of the test lol

But from what I've see on the newsletters, there is still ****** ton to make, especially on the gameplay/classes point of view, now it's more like an unpolished tech demo.

Of course I'll be playing the Beta 1 (unless I'll be on vacation of course :D)

@CurrentUthgard: Wish they could create a secondary server with tweaked settings (or just Uth 1.0) to make it fun to play even for non-grinders, but it's not gonna happen ^^
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Runental
Phoenix Knight

Postby Runental » May 29, 2018 23:32

Count me in Mark!
ONE a Shaman solo Video
TWO a Shaman solo Video

ZaiQQ
Eagle Knight

Postby ZaiQQ » May 30, 2018 22:08

Seeing as theres nothing interesting to play at all, I'll play the CU betas out of sheer boredom :D

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Oct 16, 2018 17:44

ZaiQQ wrote:Seeing as theres nothing interesting to play at all, I'll play the CU betas out of sheer boredom :D

Can't wait!
:D
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Return to Offtopic Forum