[OWTGXP] XP buff for dying&returning to RVR areas

Forum for everything else
Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Mar 07, 2018 18:11

I feel like one of the bigger issues with the server is getting people to play in the RVR areas,. While plenty of people do play there, there are so many more who do not feel the risk is worth the reward. So many Dev changes appear to be in this vein trying to encourage people to go to contested areas: Crafting at RKs, RPs for Keeps, xp bonuses for FZ/owning keeps/etc. I would like to further that by proposing:

An Experience Buff of +25%-50% for 2 hours. This buff is obtained upon RVR death in a RVR area (FZ,DF, FZ dungeons, BGs). It only applies if you are also in an RVR zone.

Quick example: Group of level 15-20 are xp'ing in DF. They die to a grey killer. They either release or get rezzed to obtain the XP Buff for 2hours. There is now a very strong incentive to not rage quit, breakup the group, or go to a safe (non RVR) zone to xp in. They go back to DF, or switch to FZ/BG to get amazing xp for the next 2 hours, they are happy and keep playing. Grey killer is also happy because now there are more targets to kill, and they are more likely to come back.

I see this as a Win for the XPer, the XP killer, and the Devs as it is conditional, not a flat XP boost, and encourages participation in contested areas.

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Mar 07, 2018 18:26

Good Idea, but I see a possible abuse there.
X-realm: Tell a friend in discord/irc/call his mom, in another realm to kill your grp every 2 hours, so you can level faster all the time. Win-win for both sides, he gets some rp and your grp can level faster... but I think not what the devs had in mind for rvr :wink:
And will just be a lot of work to check for such abuse.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Mar 08, 2018 14:45

That holsten is too wise :wink:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Ebbie
Myrmidon

Postby Ebbie » Mar 08, 2018 18:53

holsten-knight wrote:Good Idea, but I see a possible abuse there.
X-realm: Tell a friend in discord/irc/call his mom, in another realm to kill your grp every 2 hours, so you can level faster all the time. Win-win for both sides, he gets some rp and your grp can level faster... but I think not what the devs had in mind for rvr :wink:
And will just be a lot of work to check for such abuse.

While I agree Holsten that there is potential for abuse. It doesn't seem to me to be much different than the other ways X-realm causes abuse of the system:

Tell a friend in discord/irc/call his mom, in another realm to:

1. Meet up at location X with some friends and lets have a fight club.
2. Meet up at Keep X with some friends and trade off farming the Lord.
3. Where the zerg is going, what their plans are, if RK raid is planned.

Those are just the first few that come to mind, i'm sure there are clever people out there that abuse X-realm in many more ways.

Return to Offtopic Forum