[OWTGXP] Incentives for building exp-groups

Forum for everything else
Shalindra
Warder

Postby Shalindra » Jan 23, 2018 20:17

This might not be what you are looking for, but hey, maybe :)

1. xp for mapping a zone per character. This would encourage reaching those less than familiar areas of the map, perhaps make a xp+ for mapping an rvr zone.

2. This would probably follow on the coat tails of the first suggestions but perhaps npc events we can crash with a high level mob boss with some juicy armour or weapon. I guess this could be a one time drop or not.. depending on the prize xp + whatever.. We all know those darn npcs are always plotting something :)

3. Delivery of goods to npc outposts, could be crafted goods or farmed.. I don't know might be a bit too questy.

I realize this is some what what we have already but built upon. This is my suggestions, hope it helps get creative juices going.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jan 25, 2018 16:48

I will discuss front the point of view of an Albion player.

1) Exp values
Your proposition: You are talking about the recently implemented overcap exp bonus, you suggest to replace it with a flat bonus which depends on the number of group members and which is always active. The goal would be to favor grouping as many people as possible.
My Feedback: We have a few problems with grouping.
----- Some people want to optimize the group and will only group (1 sorc or 1 minstrel [non-AT], 1 earth theurg, 1 paladin [non-AT], 1 to 2 clerics or 1 cleric and 1 friar, and then fill 3 remaining spots with melee dps usually [armsman>reaver>mercenary>infi>scout]) its an issue that is not solved by your proposition.
----- Some people prefer/have to level solo (AT mins, AT pala, Necro, Cabalist) or be powerleveled. In which case they are left out of your proposition.
My Suggestion:
I think the overcap exp bonus is complicated to understand and usually we are happy when it shows, but we don't try to get it, there are too many parameters out of our control: best spot taken; spot has to be changed too often; group changes; no idea what to do. I don't think much can be done to remove the need for optimization apart from making the most looked for class more available (here would be non-AT paladin) there are not enough of them (in my guild all player have a paladin at various level just for leveling our alts, we ask each other to take the paladin, but nobody really wants to level it, non-AT on top of it).

So the overcap exp bonus could stay, it does not impact anything much anyway.
We could add an exp bonus that would be available to solo classes as well to compensate for the unattainable overcap bonus. But we would need more infos on the technical limitation of the engine for the purpose of coding (for example can an exp bonus be only available to certain classes, can we touch the camping bonus, can we implement a bonus associated to certain faction etc..)
From my personal experience as a solo exper as a cabalist/necro killing 50 monster could take me 15 to 30 minutes, whereas with other classes it would take 45 to 90 minutes so 3 times slower. So to implement a bonus which would be attainable like a quest (kill x number of monster) should have a reward proportional to the amount of time taken, the slower the more exp.
Let us say player X is a solo exper.
Logs in with a scout.
Goes to spot.
Launches the command /startkillcounttimer <mobname> (only available if solo)
Appears the quest on the journal Kill 50 <mobname> & start a background stopwatch.
Kills 50 of the selected mob.
Reward is obtained exp=endtime*Y where Y is the bonus appropriate to the level of the player.
If Y= 1000exp and endtime is 25minutes the player receives 25000 exp; if endtime is 90 minutes the player receives 90000 exp.
Problem: if the player waits to kill the last mob of the timer... I mean it could be tested at least.

The other problem is the non-grouping of suboptimal classes: I think this is mainly a problem for Albion, since its so hard to get the basic necessities of a group (midgard's healers also fill the spot of mana regen or endo regen, hibernia also have bubble, endo, power, haste on healers) which is why I think its crucial to increase the appeal of the paladin for Albion.

2) Powerleveling
Your proposition: Nullify exp gains if the level difference between the highest level player and the lowest level player is more than 8.
My Feedback: Powerleveling is sometimes necessary, at least on Albion and that's why we have necros and cabalists. You can't just disregard the viability of powerleveling as a mean of exp.
My suggestion: Give an exp bonus if the difference between the highest level player and the lowest level player is less than 8 or 9 or 10.

3) Movement
Your Proposition: Don't add teleporters but increase the traveling speed by adding custom routes and different types of travel (racebred horse, and flying butterfly)
My Feedback: I think that part of the fun of DAoC is to organize your journey, to know where to log out, to bind, to travel to, etc... I wouldn't add custom traveling routes
My Suggestion: We should implement some low level hubs see my suggestion there: https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45910

4) Regen and Farm spot access
Your Proposition: Tinderboxes and custom bindstone locations
My Feedback: People will ask for bindstone in BGs and Keeps if you add any custom bindstone location, and we don't want that. I played a little bit of live newDAoC w/ tinderboxes and it was way to easy to just solo the whole way from 1 to 50.
My Suggestion: For the regen problem for small man suboptimal exp group or solo expers, I don't think anything can be changed there people should go to RvR and get that mana regen RA at level 20-26 and get that endo regen. The main issue I see is the health regen forcing you to redo an SC avery 5 levels if you are a solo exper, or having buff pots, and potions. Overall too tedious, I have no idea what to do here.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Mitsunix
Warder

Postby Mitsunix » Mar 03, 2018 21:05

Group bonus would be good but not something huge, like 20%? it would be a great deal of xp already

Rested XP bonus would also help a lot of ppl that can only play couple hours a day

Numatic
Warder

Postby Numatic » Mar 04, 2018 23:52

I'm not really sure what would fall into the realm of owtgxp that isn't some sort of boost in xp for certain things or free so loot items.

I mean for toons that give buffs you could give them exp for buffing random people. I think group unfriendly classes add a large boost in exp to a group would be a great way to get stealthers and other non wanted classes in a group. Could you imagine LFG channel begging for stealthers? Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Previous

Return to Offtopic Forum