Endless Conquest

Forum for everything else
morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Dec 22, 2017 19:14

Not sure if I have perhaps missed this on the boards somewhere but:

http://darkageofcamelot.com/content/end ... nquest-faq

First DAOC story I have seen in a while on other websites, funny to think it is 17 years old :D

soddin
Gryphon Knight

Postby soddin » Dec 22, 2017 19:29

Have to say.... wow this kind of stuff is why as a person who has been in operations management for many years...... I hate sales and marketing.

1 character slot
LOL wow but I guess with only 4 you can play and the fact you can just make another email address and make more....

4 classes available in each realm (not spec-buffing classes).
Understand they dont want to lose the buff bot money.. lol... but what 4 classes per realm? My guess is the early base
classes and none of the OP xpack classes.

Will be unable to use the /rp off and /xp off commands.
No big deal still can kill yourself to lose xp.

Experience, bounty point, coin, and realm point gain will be significantly reduced and/or throttled compared to normal accounts.
Now this one is big... just how much lower is it going to be? And saying this after no rp or xp off... well doesnt this
change sorta make the last moot?

Will be limited to a maximum Realm Rank of 3L9.
This is huge! So if you want to compete you have to pay no ifs ands or butts.

Cannot learn tradeskills
No biggie since you will have less money drops anyway.

Can only trade player-crafted items.
Man are the crafters going to hate all the noobie begging for people to make lower level items... for cheap.. yeah since
they will be making less money and leveling slower they will be wearing out that low level gear they get and wont have
the money for replacements. And you cant just toss some crap drops at them to shut them up.

Purchaseable access to the personal vault or /bank.
Here is where the marketing guys shine... the pull to get you to spend money. But if you cant craft or get higher level
drops given to you... why do you need a vault?

If this is what they are expecting to save DAOC live with... they better be looking for a new job.

They just need to make a classic server already, $5 a month is fair to charge for a server that will never see any attention anyways. They would make more money from that then a free account with those restrictions on the hopes they upgrade to $15 a month for a 17 year old game.. lol dont see how they have not lowered it to at least $10. Or that someone pays for a vault they have no use for.

Liah
Myrmidon

Postby Liah » Dec 22, 2017 19:35

soddin wrote:Have to say.... wow this kind of stuff is why as a person who has been in operations management for many years...... I hate sales and marketing.

1 character slot
LOL wow but I guess with only 4 you can play and the fact you can just make another email address and make more....

4 classes available in each realm (not spec-buffing classes).
Understand they dont want to lose the buff bot money.. lol... but what 4 classes per realm? My guess is the early base
classes and none of the OP xpack classes.

Will be unable to use the /rp off and /xp off commands.
No big deal still can kill yourself to lose xp.

Experience, bounty point, coin, and realm point gain will be significantly reduced and/or throttled compared to normal accounts.
Now this one is big... just how much lower is it going to be? And saying this after no rp or xp off... well doesnt this
change sorta make the last moot?

Will be limited to a maximum Realm Rank of 3L9.
This is huge! So if you want to compete you have to pay no ifs ands or butts.

Cannot learn tradeskills
No biggie since you will have less money drops anyway.

Can only trade player-crafted items.
Man are the crafters going to hate all the noobie begging for people to make lower level items... for cheap.. yeah since
they will be making less money and leveling slower they will be wearing out that low level gear they get and wont have
the money for replacements. And you cant just toss some crap drops at them to shut them up.

Purchaseable access to the personal vault or /bank.
Here is where the marketing guys shine... the pull to get you to spend money. But if you cant craft or get higher level
drops given to you... why do you need a vault?

If this is what they are expecting to save DAOC live with... they better be looking for a new job.

They just need to make a classic server already, $5 a month is fair to charge for a server that will never see any attention anyways. They would make more money from that then a free account with those restrictions on the hopes they upgrade to $15 a month for a 17 year old game.. lol dont see how they have not lowered it to at least $10. Or that someone pays for a vault they have no use for.

This.

I laughed when i read about all the restrictions.
Khadafi: You guys are getting schooled by Liah
Khadafi: Get your skills up
Kunta: School these rookies Liah

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Dec 22, 2017 19:46

The RR limit is the no-go limitation for me... I will not waste my time.

Pay to progress past a certain point is not free to play at all... it's bait and switch.

Warjon
Gryphon Knight

Postby Warjon » Dec 23, 2017 04:39

"And that finally leads us to the potential of an alternative ruleset server. As things stand now, there are two major obstacles preventing the launch of one in the near term (as in this next year). The first is that everyone seems to have a different view of what the perfect alternative server ruleset would include. We knew this going in, and feel confident we can deliver a ruleset that would be both highly engaging and appealing to a wide swath of former and new players alike.

That being said - as we have previously stated, we would never create an alternative ruleset server unless we were confident in the Ywain server’s population and health. This is the second and much more challenging obstacle. The Endless Conquest is going to be a huge step in overcoming it"

This guy sounds like Abydos!!!! heh

If this is their idea of a classic server in answer to their polls they will anger more people than they get to actually log in and play.
There goes the last great hope for DAOC.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Dec 23, 2017 10:57

Looks pretty standard to me.
Not sure what the problem is, it's a take it or leave it deal that involves little to no coding or changes to the server.

People can get their friends to try the game for no cost, and they can stop when they want to.
Might create more action in the game, which it needs...

Creating a classic server would make many on Live angry and quit, with no quarantee old timers would flock to the server.

People have a tendancy to say: "If <insert increased xp, classic server, barrels, SI> was done, I'd be on board!" but when it happens they either lose interest, because it was not 100% what they wanted, or they were already having fun with another game.
Albion and having fun

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Nov 13, 2019 23:59

I know this is an old thread, however I believe Endless Conquest has now launched.

What I am not so sure of is whether or not it is actually accessible in the normal F2P sense.

It states 'eligible accounts' ie people who have played and subbed before.

So it is not F2P for the masses then, only old account holders who no longer play have been emailed?

Not clear on the website tbh.

Samirane
Eagle Knight

Postby Samirane » Nov 17, 2019 01:38

i got email with "you was not logged in for 180 days and more so you can bla bla"
Langsam und stetig ernährt sich das Murmeltier

WishYouWereHere

Return to Offtopic Forum