Old friends.

Forum for everything else
Taith
Guardian

Postby Taith » Nov 21, 2016 04:35

So, most of us if not all of us that have returned to our beloved server "Uthgard" have come to know that free-shards in it's self are entirely dead. So I have a question for everyone, including the staff of the server...

What are your thoughts on the return, I don't want a BS Oh, "I love uthgard I'm glad it's back" ... I want a real answer, we are all glad Uthgard is back, but I want to know how you feel about the timing.

I personally feel that Uthgard came back at the late ending stage of Free-shards and now they wont be doing as well as they could have been if they would have came back like 8 months ago... I miss having 3K ++ players running around doing ******... It was fun, and now it's like... "5 people online" .... /sigh ...

What are your thoughts?

Ino
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ino » Nov 21, 2016 18:42

I love uthgard I'm glad it's back

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Nov 21, 2016 19:14

I still love Ino :oops: :oops:

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Nov 24, 2016 12:10

CorinaRivera wrote:May be you are right...

Do I detect post farming in multiple threads here? :roll:
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Galandriel3
Gryphon Knight

Postby Galandriel3 » Dec 11, 2016 14:29

I love uthgard I'm glad it's back
[12:46] <Roundhouse_> actualy galandriel and blackbeard the master challenges out on heavytanks
[23:52] <Skarz> u are best skald i seen for long time

mariad
Warder

Postby mariad » Feb 28, 2017 14:34

Hey all am new here and trying to understand what it is all about. I would love to play this game and would like to know how things go out here.

lordbrimbit
Warder

Postby lordbrimbit » Feb 28, 2017 15:12

Uthgard is love

majky666
Phoenix Knight

Postby majky666 » Feb 28, 2017 22:12

I love DAOC (damn nostalgia) and I am happy to play with friends I found on Uth 1.0 after my former guild broked for several reasons.

Taith
Guardian

Postby Taith » May 24, 2018 06:56

So, it has been a while since uthgard has come back.

Just wanted to know how everyone's experience has been so far.

Me personally, I've leveled up my bard, got into a good guild. Has a few miss-happens here and there, but over-all my experience with the game has been great. Looking forward to future updates ofc, but the RvR and the player-base is amazing.

Any stories to share?

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » May 30, 2018 09:30

It is the good old daoc feeling, luv it. But some more player would be fine with me...

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » May 30, 2018 09:51

holsten-knight wrote:It is the good old daoc feeling, luv it. But some more player would be fine with me...

I share this feeling.

Having a good time, enjoy logging on, gives me the feeling of being in the game I started and fell in love with some 17 years ago.
But it needs twice the number of people logged in to make it the same as back then.

If people played more, and/or came back, it would be amazing and not just good.
SI is not a must for me, but I think it will increase population significant, and so I'm looking forward to it.
Albion and having fun

Taith
Guardian

Postby Taith » Jun 07, 2018 22:48

Sadly, I'm starting to feel a bit shameful playing here sometimes...

I can't go a day logged in without seeing someone talking about server corruption and albs being favored by the staff...

There's no doubt that hibernia is under-dogged atm, not to mention the recent bans on animists putting their shrooms in trees, which, to my knowledge isn't supposed to be bannable since you can Hold down F5 + Right click / drag ; as well as use your mouse-wheel to adjust the ground-set...

But besides all that... I think something is off, haven't seen any official news from the admins in a while...

But I still love my time here.. Just wish things weren't so abnormal.

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Jun 07, 2018 23:10

Taith wrote:Sadly, I'm starting to feel a bit shameful playing here sometimes...

I can't go a day logged in without seeing someone talking about server corruption and albs being favored by the staff...

There's no doubt that hibernia is under-dogged atm, not to mention the recent bans on animists putting their shrooms in trees, which, to my knowledge isn't supposed to be bannable since you can Hold down F5 + Right click / drag ; as well as use your mouse-wheel to adjust the ground-set...

But besides all that... I think something is off, haven't seen any official news from the admins in a while...

But I still love my time here.. Just wish things weren't so abnormal.

Lol :lol:
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Jun 08, 2018 02:44

What makes you claim the staff are corrupt, or favour Albion, Taith? Making your character or pets unattackable by hiding them in terrain and features has always been forbidden on Uthgard. I know that Necromancers have been punished for doing so at the mile gates.

And what counts as official news from the admins? Surely Abydos' news post from a week ago would fit, if not their frequent posting on the forums. I agree it would be nice for there to be more players on the server, but I choose to play on Uthgard specifically because of staff integrity. Uthgard will be around for a long time because of this, and outlive the unstable freeshards that will spring up to challenge it every so often.

Taith
Guardian

Postby Taith » Jun 08, 2018 06:46

I'm not saying that I personally believe the staff is corrupt. I'm repeating things that I have heard in the recent weeks.

Personally, I've noticed that players are switching to alb a lot lately, I'm not saying that it is specifically related to any type of corruption or favoritism, but it isn't normal for there to be big population switches...

I'm an RvR player, I play on Hib, I play a bard...

A month ago there was a very strong defense from hibernia when it came to relics and keeps... But for the last week or 2, we haven't had a BG over 25 people that can remotely put up a fight against these alb zergs and mid zergs... And I'm not talking about all level 50.. I'm talking about the fact that we're taking people level 40+ and getting less than 25 people.

Even as an Alb player your self, you have to have noticed a population increase on Alb side... There has to be an explanation about that...

Besides all that, I never specifically said that I believed there was corruption on the server. I simply stated that I can't log on without seeing a conversation about it...

__

But since I answered your question, I have a question for you...

What makes you believe that they aren't corrupt, or favor Albion? Aelred.

Lets keep it civil. I don't want you to think I'm attacking you, I just figured I'd get your opinion on all this as well.

Next

Return to Offtopic Forum