Old friends.

Forum for everything else
Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Jun 08, 2018 07:42

would you do it AGAIN?

i mean... that time machine story... :)
18 years later, with all the good and/or bad effects playing the game (with huge time amounts) had on your real lifes. or would you better skip it this time ?

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jun 08, 2018 08:18

Taith wrote:
But besides all that... I think something is off, haven't seen any official news from the admins in a while.

We literally posted news a week ago.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Jun 08, 2018 17:04

I only play three nights a week, during NA prime time, so perhaps my experience is different from yours. Albion's NA zergs had dropped off for awhile before Ownnyn's Last Stand BGs started building new strength a month or two ago. I can see how this feels like lots of players are switching to Alb, and I haven't chatted much with them, so I don't know where most are coming from.

It seems to me like there is a new wave of NA Hibs levelling up and getting set to join NA RvR in earnest soon. Arsenal's BG always puts up a good fight, and we have had lots of fun skirmishing back and forth with their Mids, but it will be good to see a balance come back with more Hibs entering the fray.

No worries about attacks, I know it isn't personal :grin: There have been claims of favouritism on every side since before Uthgard even launched! At first it was Mid-favouritism, because of course this patch favours the tank-heavy Mid groups, and obviously all the devs play Mid (/s), and Midgard had so much success in the first fews months of the server. But then, wait! Hibs began dominating RvR with newly transferred 8mans and large zergs. Slowly, claims changed that Hibernia was indeed favoured because of their OP keep-fighting mechanics and other assets. All through this, Albs pushed on, mostly relicless, until BG leaders like Splitquick, Romu, and others began to force their way on to the scene. Again, the claims changed.

Things have fluctuated quite a bit since then, and currently Alb is on top, but we just lost all our power relics. Perhaps we will take them back soon, but perhaps this marks the turn of the tide against us. We will see how things play out, but claims of favouritism come and go. Uthgard staff have the experience, strength, and integrity to weather the storm, and that is what will keep players coming back to this server.

Taith
Guardian

Postby Taith » Jun 09, 2018 01:17

Power relics were our fault ^^

I ran in that BG last night when we went and took the power relics. I found it hard to believe that we had no resistance except for 3 mids and maybe one or two albs... For once we owned DF long enough that I was able to get in there on my animist and work on farming emerald seals. Then of course, I was killed by a stealther right as we lost DF and said screw it and went to bed. lol

I've been spending my time lately making peace with my enemies and basically finding new pieces of the game that I enjoy.. Like last night, I spent maybe 3 hours decorating the out-side of my fathers house and literally have no idea how I did it for so long without passing out... Then I went on the inside of his house and used torches to write "DAOC" on the wall. So yeah, I had a lot of fun with that.

But yeah, I'm hoping for a re-balance on population. I've come to a mini conclusion that maybe things are the way that they are due to the fact that we don't have SI yet. Regardless of the updates and notification from the uthgard staff. I'm not really looking forward to seeing SI anyway. But I know that we have to get it eventually or else the whole re-vamp from V1 to V2 was for nothing. I mean, we didn't lose all of our characters and progress + Tajendi (R.I.P that magnificent dungeon) ; just to come back to nothing did we?

All in all, after that Relic raid Hib did last night, I finally calmed down to the point where I was having fun again. Hoping to see more action come from this though.

I DO have on concern though...

Last night while I was in game I did /who and there were only 204 people online....

Only 54 was hibernia.......

204 - 54 = 150...

150 players mixed between alb / mid last night.. I'm basically waiting at this point to see if someone can tell me if /who actually tells an accurate player count, or if it tells us who is online, character screen, DC's , etc...

My bad for ignoring your comment Trishan ^^ ;

What I mean't by that was actual updates. Like, as a player.. I'm not looking for upcoming events and small fixes.. I'm looking for a changelog that shows exactly what has been done so far. Like, class fixes, mob fixes, even simple item fixes. Just to show which direction we're going..

I'm not saying give us every little small detail like... "Oh hey, that horse path was a bit off so let me fix it by moving it to the south east 52 /groundset and re-run the whole trail" ;

But, SI updates.. Like, where are we at currently in SI content? How far away are we from seeing official test releases for them, etc...

I mean, maybe I suck at navigating the forums and really have no idea where to look for updates etc.. But from what I saw, the last official update was from Abydos, "News blooms in spring" - Created on May 29th ( about 2 weeks ago) ; and then the time before that was Gnome, "Server is down" , Created on March 15th... So as far as updates are concerned... It goes back to what I originally stated, either I suck at navigating the forums, or there really aren't many news updates.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jun 09, 2018 12:07

Taith wrote:I mean, maybe I suck at navigating the forums and really have no idea where to look for updates etc.. But from what I saw, the last official update was from Abydos, "News blooms in spring" - Created on May 29th ( about 2 weeks ago) ; and then the time before that was Gnome, "Server is down" , Created on March 15th... So as far as updates are concerned... It goes back to what I originally stated, either I suck at navigating the forums, or there really aren't many news updates.

You can always use /changelog in game as well as browse the issue tracker to look for recently resolved issues.
Small things won't be posted on our News section.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Russiancrushian
Myrmidon

Postby Russiancrushian » Jun 09, 2018 15:34

It's not surprising to see players follow the relics when there is only a 7 day time limit to swap. Chances are, the relics will be held long past 7 days. Alb also has always been more populated then any other realm, hense why they zerg all the time.

There is no negative to realm jumping, so I feel whichever realm takes power will always have an influx.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Jul 24, 2018 09:42

I love uthgard I'm glad it's back

Previous

Return to Offtopic Forum