Camelot Unchained is Starting to Look Good

Forum for everything else
pirhana7
Myrmidon

Postby pirhana7 » Nov 06, 2016 09:06

I was really excited for Uthgard relaunch and still am but i feel like the longer Uthgard takes the less time alot of people will play because they are really just waiting for Camelot Unchained. I know not everyone will. But i think more people that put CU off at first will now be looking forward to it after seeing the leaps and bounds that CU has made and went from looking like a 2001 game to actually looking like a game from 2016+
Attachments
camma 2.jpg
camma 1.jpg

Jarqo
Eagle Knight

Postby Jarqo » Nov 06, 2016 11:11

I will play but proly it could lead to invest my $ for new PC, this one is so old!
Best Sniper Ranger on Uthgard since 2007.
Looking for maps? Try http://jarqo91.wix.com/daoccamps

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Nov 06, 2016 12:16

Been proven so often: "looking good" doesn't make a good game. It's the same with women, just because of she looks good she's by far not something for the long run. If "personality" is missing you can forget about.
Albion Forever!

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Nov 06, 2016 14:33

It is a Screenshot only game :D

pirhana7
Myrmidon

Postby pirhana7 » Nov 07, 2016 23:19

silenced wrote:Been proven so often: "looking good" doesn't make a good game. It's the same with women, just because of she looks good she's by far not something for the long run. If "personality" is missing you can forget about.

That is very true and up until this point Cu was living by that term because it didnt look good visually and was even pitched as a performace game that was going to sacrifice awsome graphics for game play and large siege battles. No one was actaully worried about Mark Jacobs making the game out to be great and fun and having good performance, that was expected. People were worried about it not looking very good. But low and behold, in the last 6 months there were amazed at how good their custom engine actually runs and that it can ALSO have really good graphics. SO its looks like we are getting the best of both worlds

pirhana7
Myrmidon

Postby pirhana7 » Nov 07, 2016 23:22

pweet wrote:It is a Screenshot only game :D

Unfortuneatly that has been true, along with they saying "it will be able to do this and have this" But since they have hired 5 more programmers and opened a 2nd studio in Seattle, we should finally get to see beta in next 6 to 8 weeks and see how it actually plays

pirhana7
Myrmidon

Postby pirhana7 » Nov 14, 2016 20:39

Bloom and God rays were added to the engine. Looks even better now
Attachments
bloomer 2.jpg
bloomer 1.jpg

cavesham
Banned

Postby cavesham » Nov 15, 2016 03:56

graphics mean nothing, look at black desert online

looks amazing

boring as ******

i play eq and daoc because they are sweet, i dont play for graphics

mcampbell
Warder

Postby mcampbell » Nov 15, 2016 18:38

And in 3 years, we might be able to try it.

I hope it's sooner, but I think it's only that; hope.

cavesham
Banned

Postby cavesham » Nov 16, 2016 02:07

protip : Never listen to any games projections

protip:2 every single new game has no content, is broken and needs a few more years of development

protip:3 99% of new games are crap and fail

Metadon
Warder

Postby Metadon » Nov 16, 2016 14:54

Protip 4: never listen to random protips. Better look by yourself.

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » Nov 16, 2016 20:41

I played Guildwars 2 for more than a year because of its atmosphere and looks, basically :D. I look forward to play CU even though it is already certain that you wont have any aspects of DAoC mirrored in this game when it comes to game mechanics.

If its just another year of good entertainment then it is that, and it served its purpose, if its more then that, even better...

pirhana7
Myrmidon

Postby pirhana7 » Nov 21, 2016 20:44

cavesham wrote:graphics mean nothing, look at black desert online

looks amazing

boring as ******

i play eq and daoc because they are sweet, i dont play for graphics

Actually it has always been the opposite problem with CU. The game play has never been the worry.

I am NOT hyping it because of the graphics. The ONLY reason i am bringing up and showing the graphics is because they were a big concern to people because they looked very bad for the last 2 years. ALot of people were put off by them and didnt even care about the RVR or game play aspect of the game.

Remember this game is being made for the DAOC and RVR fans. RVR ONLY progression, realm only classes and races, and an actually crafter class. There is no doubt the game will be sweet for those of us who love siege warfare. I was just trying to comfert people who were worried about the graphics

Tzagaroth
Warder

Postby Tzagaroth » Jan 12, 2017 21:07

Actually it has always been the opposite problem with CU. The game play has never been the worry.

Actually... no?

Most of the development time they put into developing the graphics/physics engine, Server structure and the "cube" building system..

there doesnt really exist any real combat as for now and they only test very basic stuff. thats the Thing when you want to develope your own engine. i know it is for a good reason: to be able to Display more than hundreds and thousands of characters on one screen at a time. but they also wasted a lot of time instead of putting all effort into the combat system and class skills.

Remember this game is being made for the DAOC and RVR fans. RVR ONLY progression, realm only classes and races, and an actually crafter class. There is no doubt the game will be sweet for those of us who love siege warfare. I was just trying to comfert people who were worried about the graphics

though im a very huge RVR fan. I would like to have at least SOME PVM here and there.. maybe a random Dragon Encounter who Drops Special material for crafting and stuff.. just for a slight Change, that would be nice actually.

But yes im looking forward to CU. especially when it means, that the classes play completely different and fresh. i'm quiet sure that Mjollnir (thane class) will be less gimped from the start with also magic skills in melee combat and all. Im sure that Mark Jacobs and the Team have learned from the past of DAOC

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Jan 13, 2017 15:13

I'm certainly looking forward to CU. That and Pantheon RoTF are the big upcoming MMO's for me. However I kinda agree that I would like some pvm/pve in the game. I know it is all about RvR but I still enjoy the pve style of gameplay as well. Hopefully I can get what I need out of both but I wish they would make a updated DAoC with pve and rvr. I enjoy both and it kinda sucks having to lose one but it is what it is.
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Next

Return to Offtopic Forum