Camelot Unchained is Starting to Look Good

Forum for everything else
Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Feb 24, 2017 17:30

Tree wrote:Playing an MMO without elaborate PVE content? Not in a hundred years. :lol:

I agree with this. Love me some PvE, especially group PvE. However I am all for giving this game a shot even without it. if anyone can do it right, I think MJ could.

Although would think this would be something right up the ally of most here since it seems many just want RvR.
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Atreiu
Myrmidon

Postby Atreiu » Feb 24, 2017 18:00

Tree wrote:Playing an MMO without elaborate PVE content? Not in a hundred years. :lol:

better nothing than 100 hours of mobs grinding imho.

Keith Johnson
Myrmidon

Postby Keith Johnson » Feb 24, 2017 23:51

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised and it's good but I don't have high hopes. I pop in every few months check it out and leave unimpressed usually. Some of the BSC ideas were just awful, and they got way too ambitious on too many different areas that the whole thing seems incoherent.

I pledged $250 day 1 of the Kickstarter so I'll have a lifetime sub. Here's to hoping it will one day be worth it.

Ratheon
Warder

Postby Ratheon » Feb 26, 2017 17:25

nipitas wrote:
Ratheon wrote:Did you guys see the post that Live Dark Age made about how they messed up the game and they are sorry for it?

Link plz :-)

darkageofcamelot

/article/producers-letter-2017

It won't let me post a link yet QQ
<E Pluribus Unum>
Ratheon
Skald
RR 4L4

Nunki
Myrmidon

Postby Nunki » Feb 28, 2017 16:33

Bubbler wrote:

I agree with this. Love me some PvE, especially group PvE. However I am all for giving this game a shot even without it. if anyone can do it right, I think MJ could.

Although would think this would be something right up the ally of most here since it seems many just want RvR.

As far as I know, they never said there would be NO PvE content at all.
All they said was, there won't be PvE content simply for the sake of lvling.
As I have read, a huge part of the Crafting-System will contain PvE-Drops.

Their guidelines are great, Engine and World building tools first!
I bet CU will be great, but I am sure it will take some years to produce a finished quality product.

Greetings

Cirka
Guardian

Postby Cirka » Mar 12, 2017 21:27

Nunki wrote:
Bubbler wrote:

As far as I know, they never said there would be NO PvE content at all.
All they said was, there won't be PvE content simply for the sake of lvling.
As I have read, a huge part of the Crafting-System will contain PvE-Drops.

Their guidelines are great, Engine and World building tools first!
I bet CU will be great, but I am sure it will take some years to produce a finished quality product.

Greetings

There will be monsters and animals and other things that would be considered "PvE", but they will give no EXP. They also will have a DF like dungeon, the Depths, with bosses and such in them. There is monsters, but it wont be grind or kill monsters to max level.
Join the Uthgard Community - Midgard Discord!

https://discord.gg/S7wYSXX

Stoertebeker
Eagle Knight

Postby Stoertebeker » Mar 15, 2017 10:32

From where did you get your information that there will be no PvE in CU?
You can`t be backer, thats for sure :)

Ancient Nemesis
Warder

Postby Ancient Nemesis » Mar 21, 2017 00:09

Stoertebeker wrote:

I am a backer (alpha lvl access) and there will be no PvE for EXP. you can kill all the mobs you want and not gain anything beyond crafting mats from them.

Stoertebeker
Eagle Knight

Postby Stoertebeker » Mar 21, 2017 08:10

Ancient Nemesis wrote:
Stoertebeker wrote:

I am a backer (alpha lvl access) and there will be no PvE for EXP. you can kill all the mobs you want and not gain anything beyond crafting mats from them.

My question was not for you. As a backer (alpha access) i know there will be pve. And as you said, no xp, no leveling from mobs.
I was just wondering bout all this misinformation, or are that already fake news? :)

Ancient Nemesis
Warder

Postby Ancient Nemesis » Mar 22, 2017 02:53

I am a backer (alpha lvl access) and there will be no PvE for EXP. you can kill all the mobs you want and not gain anything beyond crafting mats from them.[/quote]

My question was not for you. As a backer (alpha access) i know there will be pve. And as you said, no xp, no leveling from mobs.
I was just wondering bout all this misinformation, or are that already fake news? :)[/quote]

More likely out of context comments. short attention spans and all that. some scrub saw the words NO PVE and stopped reading after those 2 words.

Ignito
Myrmidon

Postby Ignito » Apr 11, 2017 12:50

It makes sense to have things all skill based and without level.

The more u shoot ur bow, the higher ur archery.

Simple mechanics.

Instead of saying
- You need to be level 10 to tank this mob effectively
it could be
- You need Toughened Skin 53/5000 to tank this mob effectively

LeEntrepreneur
Warder

Postby LeEntrepreneur » Apr 13, 2017 17:30

Personally I have more faith in CU being finished and decent than I do Utherous or The Repopulation.

Like most I don't hop into CU very often, even with IT access. Though i do like the changes I have seen over the years and it is actually starting feel like a game. And they actually tell people what is going on.

Utherous on the other hand, tells people nothing and every once in a while you get a email, test happening on day xxx. Which has only happened like 2-3 times in their whole development (and due to issues with their patcher many people couldn't get in)

Then there is the Repopulation, just finally back into development after a dispute that all but killed the game. Only it is now under development by the very company that almost killed it. Any bodies guess at this point if it will actually be finished or not. The new company is doing a major rewrite of a lot of the underlying code.

Severian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Severian » Jun 13, 2017 21:47

I've been a backer of CU since fall 2015, and I followed it closely for a month or two during the class reveals. After that I kind of just lost interest since there was so much work to do still, despite claiming Beta 1 would start sometimes in 2016. No such thing happened.

Fast forward 1.75 years later and it's still in alpha with no beta on the horizon? Other than a claim by a poster that might as well have been Mark Jacobs himself saying the game will go beta summer this year.

I have high hopes for the game, but I've watched chunks of the Andrew Meggs development/programming sessions on YouTube and the game still looks like ****** overall. Barely any decent animations even in from the last video I saw.

And I saw a post by Ben (game designer for the game) saying that the speed classes haven't even had an internal mock up yet or whatever. So there's massive parts of the game still missing/incomplete/not even worked on yet, much less tested.

2019 if we're lucky. That's 6+ years of development. Too long.
Severian, RR5 Skald
Sacrament, RR4 Healer
Darkcircle, RR4 RM

Atum
Myrmidon

Postby Atum » May 21, 2018 09:11

*bump*

So kinda 1 year after the last comment and one friend of mine told me that beta is coming in 45 days. I didn't pledged anything yet and I am considering to pledge at least the first tier to be able to play beta.

So what's the current state- are there any players who played the last year and can give a quick statement?

thanks in advance!

LG
Atum / Talmar

Bellum Potentiae / Genesis / Bonzenverein / Morrigans Breath

DAoC
Log/Alb, Dm/Hib, Salis/Alb, Uth/Hib

WoW
Gorgonnash/Horde

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » May 21, 2018 09:19

Don't pledge. The game is far from anything that you could call an actual game... it feels clunky, looks ugly, sounds annoying and really is far from being anything close to become a DAoC 2. The combat mechanic is modern just like all the other mmos. The only mentionable thing about this game so far is the bane/boon system (which is not even close to be finished yet) and non-mirrored classes. Im still curious how the recent donation of 7,5 mil by a company will influence the further development. I hope we will se more progress with beta 1 opening.

Previous

Return to Offtopic Forum