Uthgard tools

Forum for everything else
nixian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby nixian » Aug 03, 2011 12:51

First of all: Hello again everyone ^^

I have had a really busy real life and have not really had time to DAoC so have avoided the boards for a while now, however I figured I would share a few tools with you I had laying around. Polished a few of them lately while I have semi returned in game so figured it was time to release them :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Uthgard Charbuilder - here

Basically build from code snippets from http://daoc2.catacombs.com/cbuilder.cmf and http://darkmage.ice.org/daoc/ however it has been optimized a bit and the flickering often experienced on daoc2.catacombs.com is completely gone now along with a few other annoying bugs (like being set to level 50.5 instead of 50 if you put in a level above 50) :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Random 100 sorter - here

Can sort /random 100 based on in game chat logs - Instructions at the site.

If you find any bugs or incorrectness (Especially in the charbuilder) please let me know so I can fix this :)

Also if people are willing to provide GRs from Uthgard of styles instead of "HIGH, MED, LOW" I will gladly change this in the charbuilder :)

If anyone have tool ideas or suggestions for additional website content to help Uthgard players please let me know :)

Back to real life and back to more programming ^^

Have a good one Uthgard.

Nixian

ps. I have never been and never will be a graphical genius or designer genius of any sort. So don't hate the ugliness ;)

Oswaldo
Phoenix Knight

Postby Oswaldo » Aug 03, 2011 13:51

Have you been gone? :roll: :D 8O :rolleyes:

ehehhe
- Honey Badgers
- Winkz

borog
Phoenix Knight

Postby borog » Aug 03, 2011 15:06

The character planner doesn't take into account Auto-train abilities.

eg, stealth on a shadowblade

i can't put my SB temp in there because he autotrained stealth to level 25 or something

nixian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby nixian » Aug 03, 2011 15:14

borog wrote:The character planner doesn't take into account Auto-train abilities.

eg, stealth on a shadowblade

i can't put my SB temp in there because he autotrained stealth to level 25 or something

You have to add the extra points - Just like on daoc2.catacombs.com

borog
Phoenix Knight

Postby borog » Aug 03, 2011 16:32

ah right that's probably why i don't use the daoc2 version either then

If you don't want any feedback just let me know but im a beta tester and developer by trade so testing things is my forte.

if I'm building an SB template i don't want to have to guess how many bonus points he gets at various auto-train levels because it's just too much like hard work.

Plus it seems you can add negative bonus points which detract from the number of skill points available. It's a minor issue i know, but you shouldn't be able to add negative bonus points at all.

if i spot anything else I'll edit this post.

you can delete it afterwards to keep your thread clean :)

EDIT1: The RA's are based on the OF RA's but we use NF RA's (for now) are you going to leave as old until Uthgard catches up?
EDIT2: THE SB page title is called Uthgard Charbuilder Shadowblader - an extra R on the end.
EDIT3: Regarding the auto train, would it be possible to add somewhere ( the bottom notes section for example) the amount of point earned when autotraining?

Auto train Levels are: 1, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48
Bonus Skills granted are: 0, 2, 5, 9, 14, 20, 27, 35, 44, 54, 65, 77

EDIT4: Savage - Savagery line is called Stormcalling :)
EDIT5: Minstrel skill list has > next to Evade 1 eg 1 >Evade I
Last edited by borog on Aug 03, 2011 17:41, edited 3 times in total.

nixian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby nixian » Aug 03, 2011 16:55

Problem with autotrain is:

a. Not all autotrain from 1-48
b. Not all classes have same amount of abilities they autotrain

This leaves 100 if not more amounts of different bonus points people have :/

Negatives were kept because some people might experience they lacked some spec points and still wanted to use the charbuilder. I guess disabling this "feature" would not be very hurtful :)
Edit: Which it has been :) no more negativ bonus points is possible

@Old RA - Going to keep that as we (afaik) still are going to Old RAs at some point :) This would also allow players to check up on what RAs they will get when the change gets there

@Shadowblade +r - Fixed

Thanks for your feedback

shade
Eagle Knight

Postby shade » Aug 03, 2011 17:36

Great work, Nixian.

I was always thinking of caching the catacombs charbuilder myself for the case they take down their website. Now it's not neccessary any more ;-)

@borog:

Since you don't need to calculate the number of points too often a piece of paper suffices (2 (lvl8) + 3 (lvl12) + 4 (lvl16) + .....).

If you want an explicit formula you can take (L being the level to which you autotrain)
Code: Select all
n = floor((L-4)/4)      (Number of AT steps)
p = n*(n+1)/2 - 1           (Number of free skill points)

Or, even easier, set up a table (took me < 1 minute to do it)

0-7 (0pt)
8-11 (2pt)
12-15 (5pt)
16-19 (9pt)
20-23 (14pt)
24-27 (20pt)
28-31 (27pt)
32-35 (35pt)
36-39 (44pt)
40-43 (54pt)
44-47 (65pt)
48+ (77pt)

regards
“DAOC is not about what you can log. It's about what you can play :> ”

Uthgard 1.0: <Die Lettanten> Ivia - 8L8 Nightshade - Lone Enforcer since 8L1.
Uthgard 2.0: <Illuminated Stormriders> Oxy - Hero; Ivia - Nightshade.

borog
Phoenix Knight

Postby borog » Aug 03, 2011 17:55

i've checked over the rest and it all looks fine.. not sure about the exact nature of some of the styles but i guess if its not Uthgard correct now, ppl will let you know.

Regarding the stealth lines for each relevant class, it would be good if it listed the levels at which you gain certain abilities:

5 = Distraction
8 = Danger Sense
10 = Safe Fall I
16 = Detect Hidden
20 = Safe Fall II
25 = Climb Walls
30 = Safe Fall III
40 =Safe Fall IV
50 = Safe Fall V

I've got a spreadsheet somewhere with all the style growth rates on it, ill try and dig it out, as they are pretty close if not spot on to Uthgard.

nixian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby nixian » Aug 03, 2011 19:16

EDIT4: Savage - Savagery line is called Stormcalling :)
EDIT5: Minstrel skill list has > next to Evade 1 eg 1 >Evade I

Fixed

@AT notes DONE - Please let me know if I missed any AT class.
@Stealth abilities, will put it on my todo list - Is this list true for all stealthers or different from stealther to stealther? can't remember if it is true for minstrel/scout/hunter/ranger too :)
@Styles and spells - They need to be updated to be 100% compatible with Uthgard - Need help from players to achieve this though.

jalore
Eagle Knight

Postby jalore » Aug 03, 2011 21:10

Know of a good daoc parser that has a working link?
Image Image
Uthgard 1; Mid: jalora-Runemaster-50-RR5l3-Leg SC, jalori-Thane-50-RR 5l1-LGM-Tailor,jalorie-Shaman-50-RR3l9-Barrel Alch, jalorese-Berserker-48-RR3l4-low-WC,jalorea 50 summon SM, 37 huntress - lgm ac

Live; home server: Mid Gawaine jalorian-healer, jaloria-bd, many jalor and bot army alts GM of forn sidr "we knew drama"

nixian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby nixian » Aug 03, 2011 21:28

jalore wrote:Know of a good daoc parser that has a working link?

What do you want to parse?

Nymeros
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nymeros » Aug 03, 2011 22:25

http://capnbry.net/waldo

And while we're on the topic of character planners, why not just use DAoC Charplan? oO

I don't have it in front of me atm but I think that the 1.3 version is perfectly accurate for our patch level. It's a stand-alone application, so no fear of it getting removed from the net, has accurate point-by-point autotrain for every class/skill combo imaginable, not to mention stats, styles (with growth rates for most lines), spells and best of all Realm Abilities as well (both OF and NF).

Herm666
Eagle Knight

Postby Herm666 » Aug 03, 2011 22:46

Good work Nixian. I like this.
aylwynn warden

nixian
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby nixian » Aug 04, 2011 00:21

Nymeros wrote:
http://capnbry.net/waldo

And while we're on the topic of character planners, why not just use DAoC Charplan? oO

I don't have it in front of me atm but I think that the 1.3 version is perfectly accurate for our patch level. It's a stand-alone application, so no fear of it getting removed from the net, has accurate point-by-point autotrain for every class/skill combo imaginable, not to mention stats, styles (with growth rates for most lines), spells and best of all Realm Abilities as well (both OF and NF).

Sometimes you are at a PC where you can't or don't want to download stuff :)

jalore
Eagle Knight

Postby jalore » Aug 04, 2011 00:22

Nymeros, Ok link is working now thanks much.

Nixan, I mostly want to be able to parse style and spell damage averages plus hits and misses or resists heh. oh ya how many mobs i've killed and names of them for drop rates.

I've got one called DAOC_LOG_parser from sourceforge not to bad hoping find one with other capabilities to augment it.
link to it: http://sourceforge.net/projects/daoclogparser/

edited to add link
Last edited by jalore on Aug 04, 2011 04:39, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
Uthgard 1; Mid: jalora-Runemaster-50-RR5l3-Leg SC, jalori-Thane-50-RR 5l1-LGM-Tailor,jalorie-Shaman-50-RR3l9-Barrel Alch, jalorese-Berserker-48-RR3l4-low-WC,jalorea 50 summon SM, 37 huntress - lgm ac

Live; home server: Mid Gawaine jalorian-healer, jaloria-bd, many jalor and bot army alts GM of forn sidr "we knew drama"

Next

Return to Offtopic Forum