Client check at lauch erases my sound "mod"

If you need support, you can get help here!
Skegg
Guardian

Postby Skegg » Mar 20, 2022 20:53

Hello everyone,

I am new to the server and I have a sort of sound mod that I made for myself, where I have modified some sound files that I find particularly annoying, like bow drawing that cracks like a tree about to collapse or the unbearable bleeding sound. I have changed some music files too (for example to have no combat music but still have village music).

But every time I load Uthgard launcher, it checks the original install files and replaces everything :(

So, is there a way to prevent Uthgard from checking the client files everytime I launch it?

Thank you very much and thank you so much to the admins for keeping this server up, I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm on a pilgrimage to do all the quests :lol:

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Mar 21, 2022 02:05

Unauthorized client modifications are not allowed, and therefore, you are expected to play with the client as-patched.

custom user interfaces should utilize the /ui/custom/ folder within the existing structure.

Modifying models/sounds/anything else is prohibited.

Skegg
Guardian

Postby Skegg » Mar 21, 2022 12:18

Oh well, that's a shame since that has zero chance of affecting anyone but me, but I can understand why.

Thanks for your answer

Return to Support