Ooen ID only ask to activate account

If you need support, you can get help here!
Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Mar 25, 2021 14:02

I try to log in as usual in the game, in the upper right corner of the Uthgard home page Sign in is there. As i have often do, i clic on Sign in and a choice appears; connect with Google/Facebook/Microsoft/Mail. As usual i try to connect with Mail, but this web page appears:
OpenID-Fail.JPG

Clicking the link continuously reload the same page.
What is wrong ?
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

Teri
Warder

Postby Teri » Mar 25, 2021 19:38

If i click on Mail i can insert correct mail.
For a short time following side is to see:

https://www.accountchooser.com/redirect ... thgard.net

Maybe it works if you copy - paste it

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Mar 25, 2021 20:26

Thanks Teri to trying help me, but doesnt work. Still bring me this page:
https://www.accountchooser.com/learnmore.html
even if i try to open your link in a new window or if i copy the link and past it in my browser :(
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Mar 30, 2021 00:20

Hello Wakanidoo,

Microsoft authentification stopped working back in Jan 2019.
Please take a look at our Support section here: Unable to login using Microsoft authentification
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Mar 30, 2021 14:28

Hi Genjiro:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Postby Genjiro » 20 Jan 2019 12:24
Unable to login using Microsoft authentification

Recently Microsoft changed their authentication API which we currently not supported yet.
To regain access to your account please follow these steps:

1 Sign out with your Microsoft account
2 Create a new Account using a non-Microsoft identity provider (e.g. Google, Facebook).
3 Sign in with your newly created account and visit: Manage Account
4 Navigate to the "Reserved Character Names" register
5 Enter your Microsoft email address and click "Confirm Email"
6 Open your Microsoft inbox to confirm linking your Microsoft account to the newly created account
7 Click "Play" and visit the realm selection once to finalize the account creation
8 Contact an Uthgard Staff member using IRC or PM and provide your Microsoft and newly created email address
9 We will then perform an identification check as well as an update to your Account
10 When everything was successful you will then be able to access your Account using the newly created email address
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First: this post is from Jan 2019. Until last week i was able to connect with my Mail, not Microcoft Account.
Then, i tried to follow the steps of your post:
1 Im not logged with Microsoft account
2 I create a new Google account (i suppose the account is created when i clic
SignGoogle.JPG
SignGoogle.JPG (10.15 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

3 i click again on the previous link... ? then visit Manage Account : error 404 page not found. In fact the link goes to www2.uthgard.net/account/signin and not to www2.uthgard.net/account as supposed in your post.
4 cant do this step since the link doesnt work or send me back to the login choices.

So.. ?

Return to Support