Problems starting the game

If you need support, you can get help here!
baldrick
Guardian

Postby baldrick » Jan 16, 2020 21:51

Hello,

since 2 days I have a strange problem with starting the game...
first, the website dont remeber me anymore, I didnt change any settings in browser, I have to hit everytime the sign in button.
Well, thats not the main problem, thats just happened the same time I have the problem, when I hit play, patcher is starting
running to 100% and closeing and when camelot should start, nothing happens. In taskmanager I can see the camelot.exe ist stopped.
I end all tasks and try again, sometimes it will start, but mostly not. Any ideas ?
thx

Grahmdal
Gryphon Knight

Postby Grahmdal » Jan 21, 2020 17:58

Not sure about the browser problem...maybe it auto-updated a security feature? I'm not very tech-savvy, but I've had no problems with Firefox to sign into Uth.

The other problem, of the game not launching (Despite Camelot.exe running)...I have always encountered this maybe 1/30 times...but last year it started happening more frequently...I "fixed" it by running a defrag & a scan disk program (which found many things to fix!) Still happens once in a while...but I can force stop Camelot.exe through task manager, and relaunch.
Bonz - Arran - Masticore - Rhakan

Alb Morgan le Fay: Bonzki
Hib Merlin: Grahmdal

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jan 21, 2020 23:15

Camelot.exe is not involved in any portion of the Uthgard sign in / patching / launch process. Do you have a dedicated install for Uthgard?

baldrick
Guardian

Postby baldrick » Jan 22, 2020 12:05

Hello,
well, the problem disappeared as fast as it appeared.
I dont know what was the problem. Currently, everything is working.
thx

Return to Support