Catacombs models tearing/glitching

If you need support, you can get help here!
IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Sep 23, 2019 16:36

Hi,

I saw this was an issue raised a couple times on those forums but the only satisfactory answer i found so far was to turn catacombs models off and use classic ones which do not glitch at all.

What the problem is:
At all ranges, NPC and PC models display tearing around the head and cloaks, displaying flickering artifacts and model texture glitching through hair and cloak.

what i tried to mitigate the issue:
NVIDIA control panel advanced settings:
    Anisotropic filtering: 16x
    FXAA: off
    AA mode: override
    AA setting: 8x
    AA transparency: 8x (supersample)
    MFAA: on
    TF Anisotropic sample optimization: on
    TF Negative LOD Bias: Clamp
    TF Quality: High Quality
    TF - Trilinear Optimization: on
    Vsync: on

While those changes mitigate most of the issue, it is still fairly annoying to have that flickering hairline, those buggy cloaks and such. Instinctively, it feels like this is a lightning issue more than an aliasing issue.

So, did anyone ever figure out the proper tweaks to fix these models on Uthgard? If so, please share :)

edit: i play on win10 and have GeForce GTX 1070

Galandriel4
Myrmidon

Postby Galandriel4 » Sep 24, 2019 09:37

turn catacomb models off

IamKaia
Myrmidon

Postby IamKaia » Sep 24, 2019 21:06

Galandriel4 wrote:turn catacomb models off

Yes i know about this, i guess it is still good to reiterate. I am interested in running the catacombs models though, at least for some races.

Return to Support