Character too small

If you need support, you can get help here!
whamington
Warder

Postby whamington » Jul 09, 2019 22:46

I finally figured out how to get on the Uthgard server today and the first thing I noticed was the incredibly small character size of my toon. I tried scrolling but it didn't work. How do I enlarge to a playable size?

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jul 10, 2019 00:47

I am sorry but I don't think I understand.
Could you please explain or post a screenshot of the issue?

Thanks.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

whamington
Warder

Postby whamington » Jul 10, 2019 01:30

Well in most games, WOW for example, when you use the scroll the toons are made larger or smaller. I'm simply asking if we can make a larger size toon on our screen so we can see things better. I've decided to create larger toons from now on to help remedy this situation. Since its been so many years since I've played DAOC its possible I forgot that this can't be done but I was hoping on a private server this might have been addressed. If not I'll still manage to play...

Thanks for replying...

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jul 10, 2019 08:50

Sounds like you are talking about scrolling the camera distance/view point.
This is still possible in DAoC. Try CTRL+Scrolling or ALT+Scrolling

It does not increase/decrease the actual character size though. It's just an camera angle which is changed for you.

Other players will still see your small/medium/large size setting the character was created with.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

whamington
Warder

Postby whamington » Jul 10, 2019 19:04

Thanks to your help I was able to figure out how to increase the size of my toon. It turns out that holding down either CTRL or ALT and holding down the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON while at the same time scrolling increases/decreases the size of the toons. I hope this will help some others who may have had the same problem while playing. Thanks again for the help! :D

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » Jul 12, 2019 13:24

Once you have found your ideal camera position / angle, you can "save" it with the /setcamera command.

This is really nice for when you start to "pan" (aka look around while your character is running in a direction, but without actually turning the character). The setcamera command means when you press the "reset camera" key it goes back to the saved position.

I bind my reset camera key to "e", which is in an ideal finger location for the w a s d keys which i used for forward, back and strafe (left and right).

It takes some practice for new players, but well worth the investment as it gives a lot of manoeuvrability for your character.

Return to Support