Kill task items not being accepted

If you need support, you can get help here!
Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Jul 07, 2019 06:02

Really? Mildri doesn't want giant snow crab claws...

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Jul 07, 2019 09:05

there are a lot of npc that doesnt want the items.... sadly.

it seems it hasnt been tested before implementing. i already reported a lot (hib) but unfortunately i dont get a response on my /appeals anymore. now my vault is full of xp loot that i cant use anymore :roll:

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jul 07, 2019 13:56

I will take a look later today.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Oct 30, 2019 15:07

Genjiro wrote:I will take a look later today.

Almost 4 months later…

I have the 15 Giant Snowcrab Claw. Right clic - info on them tell me to give them to Mildri.
Mildri still dont give any kill task and nothing happens when i try to give her a Claw.

In the same time, i checked for Asdis (51k 54k Uppland) supposed to gives The Thick White Pelts kill task; in fact, when we speak to her, she begin by "Bard!.... " , after 15 years playing on Midgard, i dont know any class called Bard ! and she ask for silver jasper lockets.
This is a Hibernian kill task given by Anna.

Edit: I checked for Asdis on Allakhazam and, as my toon has the lvl to do that KT, i killed some Abominable Snowman, Nordic Yeti and Bone Eater. All drop some Thick White Pelt. But if all the Pelts have Capital letters (T W P), only a few of them are really KT item, they have in the object Info, the text telling us to give the Pelt to Asdis.
I went to Asdis with my Pelts, and only the ones with Text in Info are valid and Asdis give xp for them. Asdis dont want the others Pelts. So, why ThicK White Pelt with capital letters if they are not KT items ?
Anyway, Asdis is messed with a Midgard KT and a Hibernian KT :twisted:
End of Edit.

Then i met Kristen (52k 17k Vasudheim), she ask for Griffon eagle-eyes. Again, after 15 years playing Midgard, i know Griffons are only on SI and a npc in Vasudheim shouldnot give a kill task in SI.
Hako (in SI) should give that kill task.
Kristen is supposed to gives the Vial of Shimmering Essence -- Kill Task; I have done this KT many times months ago and it worked well. Now, I have 15 of these items on one toon with the lvl to get this KT, and if i give 1 vial to Kristen, she accept the vial and gives me 78M xp.

So there is a big mess between npc and KT they should give/receive !

Im sure you will take a look later today ! A great THANKS :)
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » Oct 31, 2019 12:25

I can't find anything on the issue tracker about giant snowcrab. You should maybe open one issue.

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Oct 31, 2019 23:43

i /appealed it long ago, and since i have plenty of open issue tickets i didnt felt like opening one for those too cuz no one will look into it anyways...

i am logging "new" mid xp loot atm and there are many issues with those, and not only wtrong text from npc, i dont know how many clay jotuns i already killed and got non of them magic clay, same with ashmongers....

hope dies last so i'll keep on logging and searching but opening issue tickes is just a waste of time as long as no GM takes a proper responcebility of taking alook into it regularly

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Nov 02, 2019 22:01

Genjiro wrote:I will take a look later today.

There are a couple threads up in the Midgard forums in regard to this Genjiro, I have also attempted to make Issue Trackers on the most egregious of the issues.

Pouli's thread has a nice compilation of what should be in game, in my thread I specifically detail what is wrong with each item; the ones I have tested at least.

The giant snow crab is under Issue 4908. This was specifically called out in the "NEWS' thread as an example of something that would not be 'looked at', I assume because the tenor of the frustrated player who opened the ticket. Nonetheless the issue is valid and I checked this one two days ago.

Eh, i saw the reply and got excited that something was gonna get fixed; from 4 months ago....nevermind.

Bunjip do not waste anymore time on Ashmongers.....I killed 400 today with only 1 item drop. Quest works and thats about it; a complete waste of time at present.

Bunjip
Myrmidon

Postby Bunjip » Nov 03, 2019 14:26

so i will waste my time intead on clay jotuns :hammer: :lol:

Return to Support