Logging own Account on wifes pc, risk of getting banned?

If you need support, you can get help here!
Excalibur93
Myrmidon

Postby Excalibur93 » Apr 09, 2019 14:17

Hello,

I play with my wife on two PCs Daoc. I play more often and longer than she does. My PC will soon be out of repair for a few days. Can I log my account on my wife's PC during this time (no dual login!), or am I running the risk of being banned?

Thanks in advance!
Yours sincerely
Excalibur93
Belgarius Paladin Lvl 50
Beldar Cleric Lvl 50
Bevier Friar Lvl 50
Thyrian Wizard Lvl 50
Beldien Theurg Lvl 50
Belmakos Sorcerer Lvl 50
Kalten Scout Lvl 50
Belgaren Infiltrator Lvl 50
Platime Reaver Lvl 34
Belardion Necromancer Lvl 50
Beldaran Mincer Lvl 50
Beldurnik Armsman Lvl 50
Belodur Mercenary Lvl 50
Belordion Cabalist Lvl 50

Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Apr 17, 2019 13:33

Just an educated guess: More than likely they track your IP address which won't change because you are using a different computer, this is linked to your router.

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Apr 17, 2019 14:03

It doesn't matter where you login as you long as you don't dual log. So this is fine!
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Plywood
Warder

Postby Plywood » May 27, 2019 14:06

You can play from any computer.

Also, I asked support about two people playing at once when we first started playing because I used to play with my son. You can both play at once even (it does not matter who is on which computer). Just don't go afk for more than a very short time because they could ask you to do things in-game to prove there are indeed two real players at the controls. Also, you must both play the same realm so need to coordinate any realm transfers. Each computer can only be running one game instance, as you mentioned.

I have seen people get banned for running a buffbot, but it usually is pretty obvious. They never challenged us, but we would have passed had they.

Return to Support