BD pets free hitting doors without guards response

If you need support, you can get help here!
Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Mar 13, 2019 18:06

a nasty BD found the way to make his pets attack excal doors without response from guards, the outter door is nearly destroyed

that pets had been killed several times today
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Mar 13, 2019 18:21

Same as in bg, guards don't care about pets on doors.

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Mar 13, 2019 19:23

If you walk just beyond the borders of safety you'd find the controller of those pets!
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Mar 13, 2019 21:32

that pet broke over 20% of a relic keep without punishment

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Mar 13, 2019 23:22

Please /appeal next time you witness or hear about this.
If I am available I will take a look.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Mar 13, 2019 23:24

I used appeal in game and here at same time :wink:

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Mar 13, 2019 23:34

Ilerget wrote:I used appeal in game and here at same time :wink:

I wasn't available at that time, sorry.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Mar 14, 2019 01:35

Its not just bd pets, all pets are ignored by all guards at all keeps.

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Mar 15, 2019 10:39

In the interests of speeding up "The Investigation" let me self report and cop to being the one who did this.

As posters have mentioned, this is a situation that has always existed in the game where any pets are not aggroed by the guards providing you have no aggro (have cleared the guards) and set pets on the door then run clear of the immediate guard aggro radius. When guards respawn in proximity to pets, they will not aggro them if you (the player) are far away. If the controlling player is close enough (but not close enough to take personal aggro), the guards will attack the pets. It seems that if the player withdraws to about 4x normal aggro range it is enough to induce this behavior where the respawned guards will do nothing to pets. At times I was just down the hill, sometimes in Renaris, sometimes waiting for albs to ride up the road. Few albs came out to kill me, some did, and I ran back. Some killed the pets, and hugged the relic keep though they outnumbered me 3v1.

Autistic as I am, it takes a lot of time to run back when killed. And you guys hid in Excalibur instead of killing me. No temp, no pots, no pets (when they were on the door). I'm wearing a Cap of Twilight FFS!. Get GOOD, get some skill, stop running up the road afk on stick. Use some guile...that scout who hid on battlements should have been out behind a tree in my rear waiting to strike when I had the door guards on me. Or alternatively...complain to Blue and ask him to hold your hand.

This is no different than any of the other 'cheap' tactics made possible by the game, like speed6 jumping into relic guardhouse, spam jumping up onto pillars in BGs and other places, jumping out of stealth to hit someone for 1k+ damages, etc....etc. Please clarify whether this is a 'feature' that is working as intended or whether this is a case of we will make a political decision on the situation based on who is complaining/offending.

And for purposes of clarity, whilst the original poster seemed to intimate that a lone BD solo'd the relic keep singlehandedly...the outer door was at 15%....i banged on it for hours, nearly the whole morning. Albs came and killed me finally and raised it up to 33, I came back and continued guerilla operations in FS for the entire rest of the day....hours and hours of no albs coming to kill me nor take back their keeps which would have prevented this entirely. A few loyal albs did and met untimely deaths along the road at my hands, this is an RvR game btw. Other mids came and set up a palintone. Finally after an entire day of no response from the albs, the elite mids were intrigued and came down to raid the relic.

I checked /who all day...and it was usually something like 14(40) or even higher numbers of albs online. Yet none were interested in coming to take Renaris to put an end to the horror. No other mids were in the alb areas, save a blade who came down to FS for a short time, and later on one shaman did a run through.

Defend your realm....or complain about a solo BD in FS....ffs!

As to the financials of this horrendous exploit...I figure I did about 8 ticks of damage over the course of an entire DAY. The original 15 (3) and 25 of the 33 (5)...thats 800g in IW to fix and all you had to do was leave your farming pve and come do it. I could have farmed 5x that amount myself doing pve but was out giving you action. If you repaired with duskwood cause you were lazy thats on you albs.

End of the day, I'm more autistic than you are....kill me or suffer the consequences. Relics aren't free QoL ******, they have to be defended.

One last edit to explain how laughable this is as an 'issue'. I don't know how relic doors stack up vs upgraded keep doors, but I tested on Fens one night using this maneuver of killing door guards, setting pets, and running to a nearby hill and waiting. Took over 3 hours for pets to break a level 4 door that started at 85%. It's miniscule damage, and irrelevant if there are active defenders fighting for their realm. In fact, on the matter of pet issues, OP earth pets ripping our doors to such an extent that albs don't even require a Ram is quite frankly a more pressing issue.

I must say I did enjoy knowing that you albs were getting spamed with "Castle Excalibur is under attack" messages all day. :lol:

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Mar 15, 2019 12:39

On further thought...perhaps remediation is in order here.

Perhaps Blue could set up an Alb reparations fund, it could come out of the farming gold drop of serious offenders such as myself in the same manner as guild dues. Like 10% of gold could go into the fund for albs who can't learn to play the game or don't want to RvR to protect their stuff.

I ain't greedy, I got plenty for the needy.

I'm back right now knocking on your doors and killing people on the road. Pets don't work at the moment and you albs still won't come down from Excal...better call Uncle Blue

Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Mar 15, 2019 16:35

Not saying you're wrong about behavior of defenders but be careful..

rule #6 on uthgard:
Abuse of bugs, exploits and obvious game errors is forbidden. If you are not sure whether something is a bug or an error then please ask the Uthgard staff for help and clarification. Bugs have to be reported.

known bug:
4782: Pets moving through doors in keeps + not attacked by guards
https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/ ... _by_guards

Pets not being attacked by guards is an obvious bug, don't abuse it.

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Mar 15, 2019 16:57

This is nonsense...its SOP to put pets into keeps on takes, put them on aggro and let them work on bowmen. I'm sure Alb and Hib have their little 'techniques' they use with their pets.

Giving out discipline for such actions in a game which is this old and severely wonky in many areas is like giving out speeding tickets at the Indianapolis 500. FFS they said it was ok to jump INSIDE the relic guardhouse.

Other BD naughtiness I engage in ....

Hide in Glacier Giant feet....keep pets close wait for hib/alb gankers to run by and hit wraith xpers.

Leave pets in AMG run to HMG or Bled and wait on something to hit them then /as that we have INC...

Devs need to come out and make a specific statement on what is and isn't allowed, not some boilerplate that lets them pick and choose enforcement based on the optics or politics of the situation. This entire thread is a non-issue. I don't hack, macro, or bot and will continue to play the game as I have been until specifically told otherwise.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Mar 15, 2019 17:17

waist of time

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Mar 16, 2019 12:59

Ilerget wrote:waist of time

Yes, complaining about pets is a waste of time. It is what it is and its not going to ever be changed.

I tried to stay ahead of Romu Zerg today to try and snipe a kill here and there at keeps and pretty much the whole time was spent fending off waves of earth pets and simulcrums chasing me thru the keep. I'm not going to cry to Blue about pets running through walls and guards not helping me. I'm not going to cite section and verse of the Uthgard code and whine that Albs are exploiting me. It's part of the way the game is. Pet classes have a right to play and have fun too. I can see the frustration for classes that can't deal with the pets but unfortunately its so fundamentally baked into the game there's nothing to do but work around it and have fun.

Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Mar 16, 2019 13:38

You mad bro? I am not an alb, was just trying to warn you of behavior that could get you banned. Pets are bugged at keeps, everyone knows that by now. The difference is when you are in a keep fight not much can be done to avoid it, but if you clear the guards then set your pets on the door because you know they are bugged and can safely be 4X agro range away as they beat on the door that is abusing a bug.

ps. This is a freeshard ofc there is bugs, report them don't abuse them.

Next

Return to Support