BD pets free hitting doors without guards response

If you need support, you can get help here!
Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Mar 16, 2019 14:32

the waste of time message is trying to make sense with a bug abuser, many people appealed in game for the last days and nothing is done, a perma ban will be the only thing accepted by all the people that had to see you abusing a bug for days, and all day long, is clear that you dont have a live
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Mar 16, 2019 15:16

Ilerget wrote:the waste of time message is trying to make sense with a bug abuser, many people appealed in game for the last days and nothing is done, a perma ban will be the only thing accepted by all the people that had to see you abusing a bug for days, and all day long, is clear that you dont have a live

Its not a bug, case closed. It is normal pet/guard behavior that is hard baked into the system. The game was built that way. If they want to change it they can do so. If they want to ban me, its seriously no sweat. I dropped this game like a hot potato last fall and didn't play for 6 months, and I think I will be ok either way.

I start to think that you have never engaged in any sort of RvR or Keeptakes in this game at all. If so, you would understand how pets operate. Either that, or you are being disingenuous with fake outrage over this non-issue.

Boldiam was on fire about 1.5 hours ago, we rustled up some troops and came over. It was discovered two mobs were hitting the keep door, so 2 minstrels/sorc? had set pets on door and left the area. Dirty albs tricked us and GG on them, had to settle for a boring Surs take as consolation. Please add these 2 albs to the 'Banned for Playing the Game" hit list.

I'm starting to get a bit triggered by your lack of comprehension and unwillingness to simply accept the consequences of failing to defend your realm. Better ensure your keeps stay in Albion hands and that there are purple knights up at Excalibur front or I will be ringing the bell again, guarantee it.

Just ported to Alb right now to look for some trouble, stay in Lyonesse and farm in peace or come fight....your call.

I'm rolling pot free and 0% spirit 0% body come and get it or hide and level your 20 alts....you do you.

Malach
Myrmidon

Postby Malach » Mar 17, 2019 14:30

@RandomNoob

Your justifying and admitting your abuse of known bugs. You are not one of the "Quality People" that play on Uthgard. You should delete your own account and go play the other server.

If they don't permanently ban you it's only because the population is so small that they can't afford to loose anyone anymore.

RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Mar 18, 2019 03:39

You guys have some nerve, sitting on your high horse and calling out people for abusing 'known bugs'. The same bugs you knowingly abuse everytime you play your class in rvr/keeptakes.

And while we are at it, lets broach the deeper underlying hypocrisy at play here. I've been playing again for about a month, and its quite apparent to me that there is a tremendous amount of meta-gaming going on due to the low population. I'm not saying its necessarily wrong, but it is in fact in operation. The fact that Mids have 3 power and Albs 3 str until recently can only be explained by an overt or unspoken arrangement between signifcant factions of upper echelon players on both realms. If there is going to be an 'arrangment' made then give hibs back their relics and everyone fight on an even playing field.

So the point here is that some sort of questionable behavior on my part, is irrelevant in my view....as the very fact that these relics are arranged as they are is clearly due to a violation of the spirit of the game. Your opinions and criticism thus fall on deaf ears here.

On most days, Mids are perfectly capable of claiming all str relics and could have done so on this day of infamy that seems to have you so ate up. They probably didn't so your realm didn't get discouraged, which is fine; but dispense with the maudlin bleating that you were victimized by a bug abuser.

Yea, maybe they will let it go because of the low population. I'm sure your guys who pvp hope they do. Played badly yesterday, and albs upped their game some. While repairing all the Pennine Keeps to 4/4 so (whoa another meta-game thats going on) you guys could pve for rps I got into some unlucky situations and donated numerous rp's to the albs. Whats funny, is that aside from me dying to albs, and a few infil ganks here and there, and a late night appearance by Drastic.....all the other kill spam over the ENTIRE DAY was the standard Blue Wall massacre of Albs by the mobile strike force.

As far as the 'other server', I must say quite frankly that I am shocked at what seems to be the outlook of a large number of you Albs. I would have thought, that all of the easy moder, pve for rps, more QoL crowd would be there and that the remaining population would be a more hard nosed, smash mouth, lets go fight the enemy type of player. Obviously that is not the case.

Enough inane rambling, I see all Albion keeps are blue, and you know what that means....

PS continued bellyaching about pets will only result in me bringing a hunter instead...i think i can get two doors with that one.
/wave Drastic....i was too quick for you this time and pan son pan you ran right over me almost

mislsur
Guardian

Postby mislsur » Jun 13, 2022 11:28

If you walk just beyond the borders of safety you'd find the controller of those pets!
[SIZE=1][url=https://www.surveyzop.com/tellculvers/][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]tellculvers com survey[/COLOR][/url] [url=https://www.surveyzop.com/taco-bell-breakfast-hours/][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]taco bell breakfast hours[/COLOR][/url] [/SIZE]

Ithiggi
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ithiggi » Jun 13, 2022 22:24

After 3 years of no comment it gets dug back up 8O I think the staff fixed this for BDs but still works with al least one other pet class, I will not say what class (es) can exploit pets not getting agro. I am sure they were appealed in game and they know.

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Feb 24, 2023 19:15

Years later now, this is still happening. I saw it a few times recently so i tested it with several pet classes in two realms and it worked with all of them. Got lazy and took a horse and was knocked off of it. I can't congratulate my killer in game but after the usual jolt of upset at dying, i felt pleased for his success in dealing with this minor nuisance.

After reading the issue tracker and this thread i can agree it's exploiting a bug, but i also think that RandomNoob is making some valid points. Whether or not to ban him is up to the mods, but as he points out it would be capricious to ban him for this and not others for exactly this or similar guard/pet behaviour that is far more commonplace. I can't tell you how many times i've died or run from a pet getting group-healed while i was trying to solo or duo defend a keep. 'Drag the pet to the keep lord' was the advice i heard a few times. Nope. Lord ignores pet just like all the other realm guards do in that scenario where aggro is on other (out of range) targets. Complaining about a universally available exploit that is also nearly universally exploited, even accidentally 'exploited' would be silly at best, so i don't complain about being ganked by a multi-healed blue-con dog or spirit champ or compatriot or simulacrum or tree/lynx/wolf or skelly troop or random charmed mob. I do my best to kill it, then do my best to run away, then do my best to swallow defeat when that fails.

Writing this brings me to a point... if i and plenty of others are accidentally 'exploiting a bug' - does this make a mockery of the term 'exploit' in this scenario? Because this is certainly true of attacking a keep and the pet going through doors and guards ignoring it. If plenty of us don't know we're doing it, it cannot honestly be termed 'abuse of a bug'. An accurate phrase might be more like 'playing a buggy old game'.

While i disagree that metagaming necessitates cross-realm communication (it can be and sometimes clearly is mere chivalry) i also have witnessed some evidence of actual cross-realm communication and agreements to the effect he's suggesting. The line here between chivalrous metagaming a low-population server and gentleman's agreements that are technically against policy, is not going to be an easy line to draw unless, as RandomNoob, the 'offenders' fess up and state their case. I suspect that in many such cases i will appreciate their perspectives, just as i have appreciated RandomNoob's comments.

Ater all,

This is not a game-breaking bug like some others that have been abused. As RandomNoob says the damage done by pets this way is negligible. Look at his calculations. He's bringing an untemped farming character out into the frontiers, and is totally correct in pointing out that if he'd been farming instead he'd have made more than the cost of repairing the damage he did. I set a lvl 44 empyrean elder against a lvl 1 door in one of my tests and over an hour later the door still had plenty of HP left. Granted, my elder was no red/purple minstrel/menty pet, but those charms break, and if you're at a distance, your pet will leave the door and come back to you even if the charm re-sticks a moment later. Worst case scenario is one really good yellow melee pet per 'abusing' player, and even then, relic doors are lvl 8... and now with wood vaults can be repaired for dirt cheap by anyone ferrying low-tier wood out to the keep and one person with 500 ww skill repairing.

Pet farming classes also lose pet buffs after 20 minutes, and the damage they do drops accordingly. To rebuff requires exposing oneself not only to realm guards at the keep in question, but of course also to defenders if any are around.

I am more of a 'million alts pve' player of the sort he may despise, but like RandomNoob i risk the frontiers and get killed sometimes. Even his snarky pleasure at the thought of the relic-under-attack alarm isn't as unsportsmanlike as it may first appear if you consider that his toon was also often in harm's way in order to make this happen, and the fanfare can be seen as a proper challenge. In the original post here it is pointed out that his pets were killed several times, meaning he also had to go back and kill the guards all over again and set his pets on the door again and run away again, an extremely vulnerable situation for him especially at a relic keep with that noise broadcasting periodically as far down as the dragon's empty lair in Dartmoor.

So let's say defenders are too slow to relog to a toon near the keep and he deals with guards and escapes yet again. Now he's in Renaris? What if a proper climbing defender can't gank him inside because he's in the tower? Well, some archers keep lists of groundtargets that would work to volley him to death inside there. The more ways i think about this, the less like a game-breaker it looks. To me this is like the dragon focus pulling that could have been done by anyone, is technically an exploit, and may go against the intention of the design of the game decades ago, but to punish it seems like punishing people for playing at all.
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Previous

Return to Support