Do Devs use tools in game to flip keeps?

If you need support, you can get help here!
RandomNoob
Myrmidon

Postby RandomNoob » Feb 28, 2019 07:20

So, I had been in Thidranki a few times during the day today and I left for an hour to eat dinner. I came back on and logged there to finish fixing up the doors. I log in at the pk and figure the keep is under siege and run down to find an Albion Keep. Now I had not seen any message but admittedly had been out of game for an hour or so. I see three Albs; Kosko, Wickedpets, Systa xping at arachites so I assume they took the keep to get the xp bonus. Still I was puzzled having been on much of the day with no keep take message and only the small window I was offline. I checked the Herald and no keep take notification. I have a feeling that if I were able to take the keep right this minute there would be a notification, so I'm curious was the keep taken legitimately or did someone force flip it with some kind of dev tool? Someone explain this to me please.

Gnome
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Gnome » Feb 28, 2019 07:30

Rarely do staff members intervene with Keep or Relic status'. If a capture is performed it's for debugging purposes. The outpost will always be placed back into the current Realm's possession and there will be broadcast spam in-game.

Thidranki Faste has been captured by Albion as of 1.5 hours prior to this post. No, this was not staff intervention.

Wakanidoo
Myrmidon

Postby Wakanidoo » Mar 12, 2019 13:02

Hello,
This post about Thidranki keep take remember me a mail exchange with the site manager of the Uthgard Herald at https://daoc.scheffel.it/realm
the mails:

Am 10.12.2018 um 21:32 schrieb Wakanidoo:
Hello !

The 15 september 2018, I wrote this mail:

> Wakanidoo
> Sam 2018-09-15, 18:52
>
> Hello !
>
> Gratz for your GREAT web site, it is very usefull !
>
> But I found a bug in the Realm Map page: the Battleground Thidranki doesnt work. The keep is red (Albion) with no indication of the previous/actual owner.
>
> Yesterday (2018-09-14), we (Midgard) toke the Keep. Nothing changed on your page. This morning (2018-09-15) Hibernia toke the keep; still no change on your page.
>
> This afternoon, again we (Midgard) toke the keep and still a red keep on your page.
>
> All the other keeps in frontiers and BG seem to work correctly. If you have time to check, would be nice !
>
>
> Again, thanks a lot for your great job !
>
>
> (Pardon my english, its not my natural language...)
>
>
> Wakanidoo
>

This bug is still here; no chance you correct it ?

Thank you.

Marco Scheffel <mail@marco-scheffel.de>
Mar 2018-12-11 17:19
Hey,
thanks for your email! I have been "offline" for some time and started again checking the herald.
Unfortunately, I can not get the information about Thidranki. Somehow the official herald on uthgard.net is not exporting that data.
Therefore I can not fix that :(

Cheers,
Marco

May be there is a link between the no message when the keep is take and the fact there is no update on the Herald ?

Hope this will help.
We are here to help *you*
Alcyon: UK; Abydos: US; Baldrug: DE; Blue: DE; Cirdan: US; Crucible: US; Decidon: US;
Genjiro: DE; Gnome: US; Juna: DE; Nayru: DE; Trishin: UK; Rajnish: US

The Uthgard Staff are always here!

Gilded
Myrmidon

Postby Gilded » Mar 12, 2019 23:19

RandomNoob wrote:So, I had been in Thidranki a few times during the day today and I left for an hour to eat dinner. I came back on and logged there to finish fixing up the doors. I log in at the pk and figure the keep is under siege and run down to find an Albion Keep. Now I had not seen any message but admittedly had been out of game for an hour or so. I see three Albs; Kosko, Wickedpets, Systa xping at arachites so I assume they took the keep to get the xp bonus. Still I was puzzled having been on much of the day with no keep take message and only the small window I was offline. I checked the Herald and no keep take notification. I have a feeling that if I were able to take the keep right this minute there would be a notification, so I'm curious was the keep taken legitimately or did someone force flip it with some kind of dev tool? Someone explain this to me please.

That was us, I was on the Friar (Systa), we did take the keep for the XP bonus as there aren't enough warm bodies to take frontier keeps, rvr... or do much else these days NA primetime.

Return to Support