Improve internet connection.

If you need support, you can get help here!
Cantstandstill218
Guardian

Postby Cantstandstill218 » Dec 14, 2018 22:19

Hi guys,

Just downloaded the game a couple days ago. Love being back on after a 10+ year hiatus! Been having some connectivity issues. Playing wirelessly on a laptop. Quickly learned that wireless is not ideal. But the router is far from my room where I do most of my gaming. Saw some stuff online about powerline adapters. Would this be a good solution? Can get a good one from amazon. Do a lot of you use a powerline adaptor?

Also saw some stuff about port forwarding and looks promising (and obvi love that it’s free), but figure since it’s still wireless I might as well shell out the money for an adapter if that’s a better solution. Thoughts?

Oh and follow up question, I’m on the 30 mbps plan from my isp.....obviously not the most robust option but serviceable for playing this game or no? In the couple days I’ve been playing the connection has been mostly good though twice I’ve had extended periods where I just keep LD’ing.

Thanks guys! Sooooooo glad to be back on this game, and so happy Uthgard is keeping the classic feel alive!

Return to Support