Nov. 1 Issues Connecting North America

If you need support, you can get help here!
Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Nov 01, 2018 17:27

Having issues getting to the start page and launching the game. Took about 20 tries but finally worked. Not sure what is up. Just letting you know.

Chia
Warder

Postby Chia » Nov 01, 2018 17:49

Torgo wrote:Having issues getting to the start page and launching the game. Took about 20 tries but finally worked. Not sure what is up. Just letting you know.

+1

kinthos
Gryphon Knight

Postby kinthos » Nov 01, 2018 18:53

+1 (from UK)
- Inqy/Spymistress/Sly -
GM of "eXPedient demise" | Slave of "Crows of Winter"

Alphaone
Myrmidon

Postby Alphaone » Nov 01, 2018 20:09

kinthos wrote:+1 (from UK)

Same - US West Coast.

Alphaone
Myrmidon

Postby Alphaone » Nov 01, 2018 20:22

Some added detail (since this happens to me on a fairly consistent basis) when I try access the Uthgard homepage to login, I am first redirected to www2.uthgard.net, and then the page errors out and I receive the message "This site can't be reached. The connection was reset." (on Chrome). On Firefox, I receive the message "Secure Connection Failed". This happens on both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines, with browsers fully updated and no other issues with my computer or internet connection. I would estimate this happens 1-2 times per month and seemingly late NA times but that may also be just because I try and login mostly at that time.

Usually if I leave it alone overnight it resolves itself and everything works great for several more weeks. Not sure if this is an issue with overseas connection, server related, DDOS, etc...but I can say that it absolutely happens more than I would wish it too, and it is seemingly random for the most part on which day it strikes.

Just my observations - let me know if you need more detail by PM.

Thanks,

Alpha

PS - When I access the home page right now - it does populate but no data/information is displayed beyond the baseline info (staff, welcome text, themed border, etc). The issue tracker, recent posts, players online, server status, etc all have fill text - see below for an example.

Recent posts - [[Title]]
Written by [[Author]] on [[PublishedAt | date 'localedate']]
[[Text]]
[[NumComments]] comments
No news available at the current time.

Game Server: [[Status]]

Latest Resolved Bugs
#[[ID]] [[Title]]

Players: [[Players]]

etc....

Meander Silberberg
Myrmidon