Faction Problem

If you need support, you can get help here!
Dearen
Warder

Postby Dearen » Jul 14, 2018 00:33

Me (sm summ) and my friend (pacH) are killing Svartalf (Foister and Bloodbinder) to raise faction with Drakulv .. after killing many Svartalf, we have noticed a strange thing .. while the sm raise many faction including Drakulv killing these mobs, the healer raise many factions but not Drakulv .. it seems very strange to me .. we are killing the same mobs, we are grouped but the factions raise in a different way .. we have also noticed that instead named Svartalf raise Drakulv faction for both of us .. someone else noticed that ? could a GM clarifiy how does these factions works ?
Thank you

[DG]Glim
Myrmidon

Postby [DG]Glim » Jul 20, 2018 09:21

I have no idea about the current issue. But on live servers it was impossible by game design to befriend with Drakulvs . You can befriend with Svartalf but not with Drakulv.

Rajnish
Eagle Knight

Postby Rajnish » Jul 21, 2018 18:12

For factions the person who gets the deathblow gains full faction points. Other members of the group gain around half the faction points. And if no faction is displayed as gained, could be wasn't enough faction points to trigger the message.
Know of a Missing Mob,drop or Mob Camp? Then Post it Here!
https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/

TheKrokodil wrote: "Never change a running system bugged-system-where-players-actually-don't-realize-that-it-was-implemented-wrong-in-the-first-place, or people will notice."

Alpenbruder
Myrmidon

Postby Alpenbruder » Jul 23, 2018 09:09

Dearen wrote:. while the sm raise many faction including Drakulv killing these mobs, the healer raise many factions but not Drakulv .. it seems very strange to me ..

Drakulvs are evil from hell. They will never be friendly unless you become a drakulv yourself!

Dearen
Warder

Postby Dearen » Aug 10, 2018 15:14

Rajnish wrote:For factions the person who gets the deathblow gains full faction points. Other members of the group gain around half the faction points. And if no faction is displayed as gained, could be wasn't enough faction points to trigger the message.

I really need more accurate explications on factions system .. the fact .. after your answer, we managed to leave the deathblow to the pacH (not funny, trust me :hammer: ) .. eventually we get it .. pacH obtain neutral faction with Drakulv .. and so we roaming between our "neutral" Drakulv .. first of all I would like to kill Arnulv for his loots .. we kill him easly (it was orange) and after his death all Drakulv around turn against us and we are dead :( .. so we release .. and comeback to Malmous .. just to discover that Darkulv are back aggressive for pacH (and it should be logical) and ALSO to my SM !!!! .. that's no sense for me .. me and my friend have killed many many Svarftalf .. I don't know the exact number .. but we are talking abuot 1000 .. and most of the deathblows were for my SM .. who never killed a Drakulv after faction system goes on .. and the first Drakulv I kill, give me back on aggressive faction ? .. I made an appeal and Abidos answered me that some mob worth more then others in faction points .. that the 1000 Svartalf Bloodbinders/Foister we have killed worth like 1 Arnulv .. because is like killing 1000 soldiers vs 1 general .. but we have killed many times also Desukva and Kariig in our fool grinding .. aren't them generals of the Svartalf faction ?
Sorry for long post but this thing get me and my friend very disappointed .. so finally .. we would ask if it work as intended .. and we would like to know the numbers behind that .. how many faction points give the deathblow of a Svartalf Bloodinder/Foister/Desukva/Kariig ? .. how many faction points you lose when you kill Arnulv ? .. how many faction points a char need to turn from aggressive to neutral ?
Thank you

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Aug 10, 2018 20:38

Dearen wrote:
Rajnish wrote:For factions the person who gets the deathblow gains full faction points. Other members of the group gain around half the faction points. And if no faction is displayed as gained, could be wasn't enough faction points to trigger the message.

I really need more accurate explications on factions system .. the fact .. after your answer, we managed to leave the deathblow to the pacH (not funny, trust me :hammer: ) .. eventually we get it .. pacH obtain neutral faction with Drakulv .. and so we roaming between our "neutral" Drakulv .. first of all I would like to kill Arnulv for his loots .. we kill him easly (it was orange) and after his death all Drakulv around turn against us and we are dead :( .. so we release .. and comeback to Malmous .. just to discover that Darkulv are back aggressive for pacH (and it should be logical) and ALSO to my SM !!!! .. that's no sense for me .. me and my friend have killed many many Svarftalf .. I don't know the exact number .. but we are talking abuot 1000 .. and most of the deathblows were for my SM .. who never killed a Drakulv after faction system goes on .. and the first Drakulv I kill, give me back on aggressive faction ? .. I made an appeal and Abidos answered me that some mob worth more then others in faction points .. that the 1000 Svartalf Bloodbinders/Foister we have killed worth like 1 Arnulv .. because is like killing 1000 soldiers vs 1 general .. but we have killed many times also Desukva and Kariig in our fool grinding .. aren't them generals of the Svartalf faction ?
Sorry for long post but this thing get me and my friend very disappointed .. so finally .. we would ask if it work as intended .. and we would like to know the numbers behind that .. how many faction points give the deathblow of a Svartalf Bloodinder/Foister/Desukva/Kariig ? .. how many faction points you lose when you kill Arnulv ? .. how many faction points a char need to turn from aggressive to neutral ?
Thank you

Maybe I can shed some light on this.
You are gaining faction with The Drakulv one svartalfar kill at a time. Each killed svartalfar gives you a certain amount of
faction points. Some will give you more other less.

Overall you will reach the neutral or friendly threshold with the Drakulv where they will no longer attack you (as expected).
You could still gain more faction points to strengthen your standing.

If you kill members of the The Drakulv your standing will decrease (as expected).
If you drop below the threshold of neutral/friendly they will become aggressive again eventually.

In your case you managed to kill a named Drakulv (Arnulv).
Certain mobs have a huge influence on faction. Therefore you will lose quite a large amount of your faction standing.

I think you and your friends were already close to the aggresive threshold when killing Arnulv.
You dropped below said threshold where then the surrounding Drakulv started to attack.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Aug 10, 2018 21:06

one more note on faction changes:

Death blow player receives larger gain/loss than the rest of the group.

Dearen
Warder

Postby Dearen » Aug 11, 2018 10:53

I understood the mechanism .. what I would like to know is what are the numbers behind everything .. or if not the exact numbers at least the order of size .. I give an example .. I start from 0 with a new pg .. the Drakulv are aggressive .. I have to do we put 5000 faction points to have them neutral .. we put a Bloodbinder / Foister worth 50 points? .. a Svartalf named (Desukva, Kariig) is worth 100 points? .. how many points do I lose if I kill Arnulv? 1000? 10000? 100000? .. it's only to understand if it may make sense to waste time to do faction .. if you tell me that the relationship between an Arnulv and a Desukva is 1000: 1, I do not even try .. if you tell me that basically the Drakulv should be aggressive because it's part of the background of the game, I understand it very well .. just know
Thank you

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Aug 11, 2018 16:29

I can say that it is very difficult to maintain faction with the Drakulv if you kill members of the Drakulv.

Dearen
Warder

Postby Dearen » Aug 13, 2018 11:44

Abydos wrote:I can say that it is very difficult to maintain faction with the Drakulv if you kill members of the Drakulv.

Ok it's enough .. thank you

JOhnnyFerro
Myrmidon

Postby JOhnnyFerro » Dec 20, 2018 18:16

About gaining faction I have killed hundreds at least maybe 1000 stonecrush and granite giants are still aggressive?
I am baffled. Of course every time I go into Dartmoor I have to kill maybe 10 giants to reach the stonecrush.

This sure doesn't seem to be working like it did on live.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Dec 20, 2018 21:35

JOhnnyFerro wrote:About gaining faction I have killed hundreds at least maybe 1000 stonecrush and granite giants are still aggressive?
I am baffled. Of course every time I go into Dartmoor I have to kill maybe 10 giants to reach the stonecrush.

This sure doesn't seem to be working like it did on live.

Killing any granite giant is quite expensive in case of faction points.
You stated every time you go into Dartmoor you kill ~10 giants which costs farmed stonecrush faction.
Killing giant Nameds will also make them hate you even more than killing normal giants.
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

JOhnnyFerro
Myrmidon

Postby JOhnnyFerro » Dec 25, 2018 13:37

Thank you

I have not killed any named giants in a month. I have only killed the green ones needed to access the stonecrush.

I am now camped in dartmoor and only going to kill stone crush. I am going to post on the forums when I get to

500 stone crush with no granite giants killed if i am still aggro to granite.

I will further post every 200 stonecrush after that. I will delete any drops and stay in dartmoor.

I think I should already at least be neutral but I have no data . I will fix that issue.

thank you again Genjiro. Every bit of informationi is welcome

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Dec 25, 2018 13:59

If I checked the correct character expect at least 100+ Stonecrush kills before you see any change.

JOhnnyFerro
Myrmidon

Postby JOhnnyFerro » Jan 15, 2019 18:16

Genjiro wrote:If I checked the correct character expect at least 100+ Stonecrush kills before you see any change.

Ok I have killed 648 stone crush in dartmoor and had to kill 34 total granite to get back in to the stone crush after deaths to
the damn dragon you added.

The granite giants are still aggresive to me. I read somewhere above that only the person that makes the killing blow gets the
faction gain. So for my necro I can make mobs aggresive but never gain friendly reputation as my pet is making the killing blow.

As i said in on my first post on this I had already killed hunderds of stone crush and it did no good.

I think you should look at the necro pet as the as the player instead for a second person in the group but

I seriously doubt you will fix this. Such a shame you had another chance to make a good DAOC.

Oh and I had to delete a massive amount of loot to do the above but no problem all of it was only worth 10 gold or less.

I only want the granite belt of haste that Clud drops.

Next

Return to Support