How to move my camera upward?

If you need support, you can get help here!
FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » Jun 06, 2017 07:59

So basically our character is placed near center in default setting.
I want to move my camera upward(which means my char being placed near bottom in my view)

I used to play like that so that i can have a wider view ahead thou i lose some vision behind.
Can someone tell me how to do this?

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jun 06, 2017 08:41

You can save the current position of you camera by using /setcamera
When resetting your camera as binded in /keyboard the saved angle will be loaded.

Otherwise than that you can switch between first person and 3rd persion view by hitting F11 multiple times.

As for your question to change the positioning of the camera or player character, I am not aware of any
setting or option in the DAoC client.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » Jun 06, 2017 10:23

Genjiro wrote:You can save the current position of you camera by using /setcamera
When resetting your camera as binded in /keyboard the saved angle will be loaded.

Otherwise than that you can switch between first person and 3rd persion view by hitting F11 multiple times.

As for your question to change the positioning of the camera or player character, I am not aware of any
setting or option in the DAoC client.

Above image is a captured screen of a vid i found in Twitch.
He was streaming without full-DAoC screen, and you can see that the right/bottom part is cut.
So, I also took a shot of my firb hero and cut right/bottom part to make a similar picture(but maintaining 16:9 ratio).

Comparing those 2 screen shots, don't you think his character is positioned a bit lower than mine?
I can't be completely sure cuz his video excluded some of the screen, but it seems to me that there's some difference in char's position..

Actually, whenever I talk about this with other ppl, nobody remembers that camera positioning change was possible on live.
Am I the only one who remembers that this was possible(played DAoC till 2003 so dunno later than that)?

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 06, 2017 10:50

Looks the same to me. Although the first screen has a smaller UI. It's also possible he was using a much larger monitor resolution.

At one point in daoc, with toa, you could zoom super far out on a boat and lock the camera like that. This was changed later as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

svet
Warder

Postby svet » Jun 07, 2017 00:16

type /keyboard

scroll down to camera

now you need: "Reset Camera","Pan Camera" and "Look Up/Down"

first step: reset your camera so that it's looking 'forward'
second step: hold "Pan Camera" and raise it with the "Look Up" button.
third step: once your camera position reaches the highest point type -> /setcamera

result: your camera behaves like before, except it's centered 'above' your character

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » Jun 07, 2017 02:02

svet wrote:type /keyboard

scroll down to camera

now you need: "Reset Camera","Pan Camera" and "Look Up/Down"

first step: reset your camera so that it's looking 'forward'
second step: hold "Pan Camera" and raise it with the "Look Up" button.
third step: once your camera position reaches the highest point type -> /setcamera

result: your camera behaves like before, except it's centered 'above' your character

WoW, thanks a ton for your reply!!!
This is exactly what i was looking for!!!
I really appreciate it man!!! :D

.codeHIVE
Guardian

Postby .codeHIVE » Sep 27, 2019 19:07

edit: -- Apparently I can't read the previous post who already posted this info!! --

Hold your Mouse Pan hotkey down, then press the keybinds for Look Up / Look Down. I've captured a few screenshots showing the difference in camera height below.

Default Camera Height:

Maximum Camera Height:

Minimum Camera Height:

To reset your camera to the default position, open your keybindings via /keyboard and configure the appropriate key.

Return to Support