So how important is quickness in a template?

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Apr 18, 2018 16:25

But the main difference is the guy with the slower weapon chooses the slower weapon because he can reduce the swing speed!
What you have to compare is 2 people with the same swing speed, one with a slower weapon than another:

- 4SPD weapon swinging at 2.5SPD
vs
- 3SPD weapon swinging at 2.5 SPD

one will have a 10% proc chance the other will have a 7.5% proc chance, swinging at the same rate.

https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44394&p=444635&hilit=proc+rate#p444635

http://talsyra.tripod.com/daocmechanics/damage_basics.html
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Kabouik
Myrmidon

Postby Kabouik » Apr 18, 2018 16:29

Of course that's one way to compare the situations, but I admit I had my own character in mind and he will definitely not swing at the same speed if using a fast or a slow weapon, because he'll have the same Quickness and buffs either way. :D That's why I was trying to summarize the pros and cons of both weapon types, all other things being equal, and without capped swing speed (because capped swing speed is a waste for several reasons, I agree).

Thanks for the links!
[Mid] Koubiak, Krafilnaavith
[Hib] Soazig

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » May 27, 2018 11:51

I did a lengthy test in the Uthgard 2.0 beta.

The results show that neither quickness nor haste influences your base damage.

Meaning:

In regards of base damage you will hit for exactly the same about of dmg per attack no matter how fast you attack.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » May 27, 2018 16:08

Der_Eisbaer wrote:I did a lengthy test in the Uthgard 2.0 beta.

Meaning:

In regards of base damage you will hit for exactly the same about of dmg per attack no matter how fast you attack.

You mean that if I hit for 100, then I will always hit for 100 with 1.5 swing speed or 3.0 swing speed? That's like double the dps:p

using Tapatalk
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » May 27, 2018 18:36

Requin wrote:
Der_Eisbaer wrote:I did a lengthy test in the Uthgard 2.0 beta.

Meaning:

You mean that if I hit for 100, then I will always hit for 100 with 1.5 swing speed or 3.0 swing speed? That's like double the dps:p

using Tapatalk

Instead of a direct reply I took the libery of highlighting the relevant part for you. :wink:

Previous

Return to Warden