Proc on

Aryl
Myrmidon

Postby Aryl » Mar 24, 2017 19:55

Hello :)

Do you guys have an idea for the best proc to put on a crafted 1h for a warden ? :)

For the armor i was thinking 2 AF and 4 Abla and for the buckler a charge with AF.

what do you guys think?

Enioch
Warder

Postby Enioch » Mar 26, 2017 11:47

For warden weapon PVP go matter damage proc.

Selinde
Myrmidon

Postby Selinde » Mar 27, 2017 05:21

For warden weapon PvP go spirit damage proc. :-P

Aryl
Myrmidon

Postby Aryl » Mar 27, 2017 10:57

Selinde wrote:For warden weapon PvP go spirit damage proc. :-P

That's exactly what i was thinking, just to be sure no chance that the dd proc breaks the snare on the side snare style right ?

Zakoraya
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zakoraya » Mar 27, 2017 14:27

For warden weapon PvP go energy damage proc 8)

Kidding aside, there are arguments to run different kinds of weapon procs in an ideal world.

Here is the reason why :):

Energy is superior against any other elemental damage type, though against Alb I can see the argument to go with matter damage as Albs would need to run a Friar in group for the buffed matter resists (which will almost never happen). Mids will be fully resist buffed most of the time, so Energy should be superior there :) I am hesitant to say this in absolute terms as Selinde is wise and perhaps she has different reasons for going with Spirit damage?

Aryl
Myrmidon

Postby Aryl » Mar 27, 2017 15:58

Spirit is usually the resist which is not capped in temps as it is less critical. I think that is the reason ? :)

Zakoraya
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zakoraya » Mar 27, 2017 16:41

Aryl wrote:Spirit is usually the resist which is not capped in temps as it is less critical. I think that is the reason ? :)

Perhaps, though from past experience in Midgard on Uthgard 1.0 and what can be seen on the current Mid forums it seems everyone is doing a fine job of capping all their resists. I would still go for Energy unless there is something else :)

Selinde
Myrmidon

Postby Selinde » Mar 27, 2017 18:34

Yes, I did choose spirit because albs and especial mids tend to drop this resist first, if thy can't cap. Zakoraya information is also not bad. So i guess you have to dual wield and take both!

Aryl
Myrmidon

Postby Aryl » Mar 27, 2017 19:25

Try each on every target and choose accordingly !

Rubaduck
Warder

Postby Rubaduck » Apr 01, 2017 01:30

Zakoraya wrote:For warden weapon PvP go energy damage proc 8)

Kidding aside, there are arguments to run different kinds of weapon procs in an ideal world.

Here is the reason why :):

Energy is superior against any other elemental damage type, though against Alb I can see the argument to go with matter damage as Albs would need to run a Friar in group for the buffed matter resists (which will almost never happen). Mids will be fully resist buffed most of the time, so Energy should be superior there :) I am hesitant to say this in absolute terms as Selinde is wise and perhaps she has different reasons for going with Spirit damage?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these tables are exclusively for bolts and legendary weapons aren't they? Or does it also apply to procs on weapons?

Zakoraya
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zakoraya » Apr 03, 2017 16:38

Hi Rubaduck,

Despite the wording, it applies to all elemental damage (spells, procs etc too).

Here is a further source to confirm this (2003), where green = vulnerable to and red = resistant to:

http://daoc.warlordcentral.com/?module= ... on=resists

Grignr
Myrmidon

Postby Grignr » Apr 04, 2017 11:38

The web design is from 2003 but are you sure the resist page is? I can't find a copy of that page before 2007 or any ref to it before 2011 elsewhere.

There is no indication from anywhere else that these resists are related to anything other than physical weapons (TOA), and the "joke" was that the screenshot indicated that all of the resist weakness information is post TOA and so can be ignored, so you can just pick the resist type that people are ignoring in their templates for the real bonus damage.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Apr 04, 2017 12:37

Zakoraya wrote:

To avoid any more misinformation:

This only applies to weapon damage (to my knowledge there are only a few cold damage weapons in midgard) and bolts on Uthgard. Normal spells / procs are not affected by this on Uthgard.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Apr 04, 2017 13:01

How do you avoid miss information if you talk about mid having cold dmg weapons in the same sentence?
There should be no cold dmg weapons before ToA.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Apr 04, 2017 13:13

pweet wrote:How do you avoid miss information if you talk about mid having cold dmg weapons in the same sentence?
There should be no cold dmg weapons before ToA.

http://web.archive.org/web/200304240424 ... cquest=498
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Next

Return to Warden