Proc on

Dromina
Myrmidon

Postby Dromina » Apr 04, 2017 13:20

There was atleast one sword drop (thought it was OTD) on classic servers in Midgard that did cold damage. Think it is this one:
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=4712

edit: too slow 8)

Grignr
Myrmidon

Postby Grignr » Apr 04, 2017 13:29

That's just a DD proc the Sword damage should still be Slash.

[Edit]
Apologies been re-reading the quotes about it:

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=4694

Oct 08 2002 at 6:28 PMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
the weapons literaly do cold damage, not only as the proc but also as their base damage, apparently WW are vulnerable to cold, not that I have noticed either. I have the one handed sword and it does the same thing 13 str 27 hits.
Last edited by Grignr on Apr 04, 2017 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

Dromina
Myrmidon

Postby Dromina » Apr 04, 2017 13:34

The sword damage is shown as elemental because it does cold damage and that is absolutely correct

Zakoraya
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zakoraya » Apr 04, 2017 15:31

Trishin wrote:
Zakoraya wrote:

To avoid any more misinformation:

This only applies to weapon damage (to my knowledge there are only a few cold damage weapons in midgard) and bolts on Uthgard. Normal spells / procs are not affected by this on Uthgard.

Thanks for the clarification, Trishin, though I suppose this means that we are now back in the dark in terms of having a resist table for spell and proc damage types unless someone can provide another source.

Grignr
Myrmidon

Postby Grignr » Apr 04, 2017 19:41

The resist table is based on the 26% resists you can achieve through spellcrafting and the class bonuses? Should be lots of resources out there for that.

I think you're better off spying on the mid and alb forums and checking what their templates are weak on.

Zakoraya
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zakoraya » Apr 05, 2017 09:26

The resist table is based on the 26% resists you can achieve through spellcrafting and the class bonuses? Should be lots of resources out there for that.

I would be surprised if this were the case. My recollection is that at 1.65 there were certain armour types which were weak and resistant to different kinds of spell damage (as per live DaoC http://darkageofcamelot.com/content/armor-resist-tables) though this may have been implemented later.

If this is true, then your spying suggestion is certainly the best bet :)

toaky
Gryphon Knight

Postby toaky » Apr 05, 2017 23:06

as a former alb... nerfing spirit is common there on harder templates, but they will almost always have the spirit buff from cleric to balance it out. there really isnt 1 proc that will always be the best, its situational. that said spirit or energy is maybe best overall, with cold or heat probably being better vs alb groups with no friar

Ecati - 50 Cleric, Leg SCer - Deleted

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Sep 19, 2017 20:34

Dromina wrote:The sword damage is shown as elemental because it does cold damage and that is absolutely correct

Has anyone tested if this sword's damage is effected by a Runemaster's Cold debuff? I am curious if, despite their low DPS, they could still be circumstantially useful, but I haven't found anything on it being tested. I assume styles work the same as on regular weapons, except with Cold-based styled damage?

Also, are all of the listed quest rewards present on Uthgard 2.0, not just those swords?

Previous

Return to Warden