TreeHugginHibby
Warder

Postby TreeHugginHibby » Jan 13, 2017 16:37

Hey folks! Wondering about a Regrowth Warden, I was thinking:

33 Regrowth
45 Nurture (last PBT song)
34 Blades
8 Parry

Leveling will be a bit of a pain, but as long as I can get into groups it should be fine, but does a Reg Warden have much of a place in RvR or end game content? Seems like even specced into Reg the Warden will be a pretty poor healer.

Garlak
Warder

Postby Garlak » Jan 13, 2017 19:26

If you want to be a dedicated regrowth Warden, I would personally drop Blades and go with:

49 Nurture (Max res vs. Alb Lifetap and most CC, best selfhaste for peeling, red dps chant for twisting chants in tank setups)
43 Regrowth (Best heals possible on Warden, best fatigue reduction)
10 Blades (Side snare and taunt is all you'll ever use in a group)

When peeling against tanks with strong frontal defenses like warriors or arms/merc with shield out, you should try and attack from a diagonal side/real angle regardless, since your defense penetration against shields will be abysmal even with 34 Blades. Your Spec has the advantage of slightly better chances to hit light tanks due to their advanced evasion.

You could try 33 Regrowth with more Blades, it might be worth it because you don't have a lot of mana to spend on heals anyways, but I personally wouldn't drop resists for more defense penetration, let alone weapon damage.

Some might disagree, but I'd argue that Wardens have a place in set RvR groups due to pbt, resists and some secondary healing and peeling duty. Not a mandatory pick for a group by any means, but not a terrible one either. I'd personally prefer running a Warden over a second Bard, but saying it's strictly better would be stretching the truth. Regardless, Bards are always in short supply and there's not a lot of Wardens, let alone those with a dedicated Group RvR spec, so IMO you shouldn't have any Problems finding the occassional random group for RvR.

For other endgame content, yes, Wardens are super useful for any kind of group other than kiting animist camps. Most farm and raid groups will want one. You could literally afk while running pbt and would still be more useful than most, if not all alternatives for your slot. It might even be worth running two, but don't quote me on that, I haven't tried it.

Gliss
Myrmidon

Postby Gliss » Jan 15, 2017 07:36

If this the orignal Treehuggin from classic I 'm going to give a warning to anyone that associates with this person....lots of drama, complainng, arguing will come your way.....AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

If this isn't Treehuggin i apologize and everyone else ignore what i said.
Currently playing on Hib/Uthgard: (Blood Feud) 50 Druid Gliss 50, 38 Warden Glliss, 50 Ment Glisseal,

Servers: Guin(Alb), all classic servers, Ywain
Realm: Guin(Alb), Classic(all 3), Ywain(all 3)
Guilds: Guin (Honored Circle, Vilgance),Classic(?),Ywain(SLC)

Characters:
Albs- Alaxx rr5 friar, Lillie rr5 minstrel, Zewky rr5 cleric
Hibs- Gliss rr10 druid, Glisseal rr9 eld, Zewk rr9 Hero, Zewks rr7 Warden
Mids- Glisseal rr6 Shaman,Blue rr6 Skald, Blueback rr6 runemaster

Zabulius77
Myrmidon

Postby Zabulius77 » Jan 16, 2017 08:30

If you're going support route then definitely go for 49 nurture and then mess around with how much regrowth will be the best without overhealing all the time

Enioch
Warder

Postby Enioch » Jan 24, 2017 20:27

49 nurture
33 regrowth
21 blades
20 parry

Snowalker
Myrmidon

Postby Snowalker » Feb 21, 2017 07:46

I want to try a warden .

What i still wanna know is why everyone is doing the 15 dex celt and 33 regrowth?

Because i so know from experience with a bubble runie, that once you turn on pbt , your mana pool/regen wont be able to sustain much of any other spells. So isnt then better to go Firbolg for more strength in melee?

Aryl
Myrmidon

Postby Aryl » Feb 21, 2017 10:15

Well pbt is one of your spells, in case you run a tank heavy grp and your grp is on the offensive in the giht and pushing your turn add damage of course and then the mana drain is not a problem.

Snowalker
Myrmidon

Postby Snowalker » Feb 21, 2017 10:59

So when you run dmg add song you stay behind and heal instead of doing melee dmg?

Because i would go and hit the mobs and heal only if something bad happens and druids/bards would be out of mana or interrupted.
Dunno .. never played a warden but firbolg seems the logical choice to me .. which i already started with .. lvl 6 now :P

Aryl
Myrmidon

Postby Aryl » Feb 21, 2017 16:18

As a warden your role will never to "do damage" you're a support class, no point in rolling a firby to do "more damage", you should roll celt to cast those emergency heals faster. Of course it depends how you want to play your char, but if you're aim is to rvr with your warden, don't expect to do any damage, youre only roles are : peel with side snare, interrupt casters, put your resists and the appropriate chant and emergeny assit with heals when needed. If you want to do some dps and invest into firby + high blades, you'll be fine to farm mobs solo but don't expect to be useful in rvr.

Snowalker
Myrmidon

Postby Snowalker » Feb 21, 2017 18:32

Aryl wrote: youre only roles are:
-peel with side snare,
-interrupt casters,
-put your resists and the appropriate chant
-and emergeny assit with heals when needed.

If you want to do some dps and invest into firby + high blades, you'll be fine to farm mobs solo but don't expect to be useful in rvr.

I was honestly looking for a good answer .. but stuff like that red text .. convinced me its just some form of elitistic nonsense.

How can you tell me that by having 20 less dex and less regrowth automatically means everything else sux and i wont be useful in rvr?
And after you run around like a mad man snaring and interrupting and running pbt .. how many more heals can you cast ? 2-3? In a realm that runs 2 druids bard and maybe a second bard?

Thanks for making me answer my own questions .

Aryl
Myrmidon

Postby Aryl » Feb 21, 2017 19:59

From this :

What i still wanna know is why everyone is doing the 15 dex celt and 33 regrowth?

and this :
So isnt then better to go Firbolg for more strength in melee?

and this :
Because i would go and hit the mobs and heal only if something bad happens and druids/bards would be out of mana or interrupted.

I understood from what you said that you are focusing more on the offensive side of the warden than on the support/utility role of the warden. And in RVR the warden does not dps, it is completely irrelevant and it is not your role, if you plan on doing damage you should roll a blademaster or a hero.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but warden is a support class not a dps class, simple as that.

If you invest into strenght and into high blades maybe you will have a relevant utility in a small man, but in an 8 man you're not supposed to beat people into the ground.

If you want to argue about it I am open for discussion

Snowalker
Myrmidon

Postby Snowalker » Feb 22, 2017 04:45

Aryl wrote:....but in an 8 man you're not supposed to beat people into the ground.

If you want to argue about it I am open for discussion

Yes, i would argue that you re not supposed to heal people either ..because of too much healing a group already from bards and druids.
I would rather snare/interrupt/pbt all the time.

The Nurture tree is 95% of what defines this class as a warden for me .

As long as you get everything in there .. the rest of 5% should be about personal preference and should have no influence on how gimp you are or not.

Aryl
Myrmidon

Postby Aryl » Feb 22, 2017 10:59

I would rather snare/interrupt/pbt all the time

I agree on this, you should spent most of the time doing this, and you don't need high str and high weapon spec to do that, but in the remaining time you should support your healers with a few heals and the celt with 33 regr and 15 additional dex will do it better than your firby, that's all i am saying.

The Nurture tree is 95% of what defines this class as a warden for me

I also agree that the nurture tree defines the warden, maybe not as high as 95% but w/e. a firby and a celt will do as good on this obviously, on the remaining part though i consider the celt will have a small edge, as most of the remaining part that defines the warden is the healing and not the hitting, at least in rvr.

The only firby wardens i saw on live in the last years where 1v1 spec wardens in the lab, most if not all wardens for group rvr were celts with a descent healing potential.

I personally don't give a crap about the race of a warden, i would grp a firby warden if I need one without a second thought. I am just trying to explain why generally speaking the firb might be a little bit worse than a celt, that's all.

If you want to play a firby, by all means go ahead !

Zabulius77
Myrmidon

Postby Zabulius77 » Feb 23, 2017 03:32

I think 10dex/emp/str is the best for either race. +10 EMP gives you enough additional power pool for at least one additional heal. Do not put points into con whatever you do. I think it comes to ~30 additional HP.

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Mar 22, 2017 09:10

Healer dmg Table gives you a pityfull amount of ws for your str. Just dont bother with it

Next

Return to Warden