Why so few VW?

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Jun 21, 2018 13:00

Low population aside, why do so few play VW?
I know they have a problem in groups, due to lack of det, but I play Friar, and am wondering why I don't see more solo VW's.

On paper they just seem like having all the needed solo tools; Ranged DD, Disease proc, snare, solid weapon styles.

Is it lack of selfbuffs? I mean even a VW+Bard duo, on paper, looks very strong?
Albion and having fun

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Jun 21, 2018 14:02

You have too many VW ROG loots in stock? :P :lol:
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Rector
Alerion Knight

Postby Rector » Jun 21, 2018 18:58

Because of Diesel-scandal-crisis :hammer:

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Jun 21, 2018 23:49

Was a legit question.
Seems to me, if you want to solo on a visibel that VW on paper would do well.

So wondered why they rarely do so.
Albion and having fun

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Jun 22, 2018 12:54

Spivo wrote:Was a legit question.
Seems to me, if you want to solo on a visibel

There's your problem.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Jun 23, 2018 10:11

I solo on a visibel, but guess I dont have to deal with minstrels...
Albion and having fun

Zaya
Myrmidon

Postby Zaya » Jun 23, 2018 12:13

Hello,

most people kill soloers if they see them out. So people who want to solo pick either stealth classes or speeders to have a chance at least to survive group inc.

Therefore you will meet minstrels, sorcerers and skalds most of the time if you run solo and the hidden toons will pick you if they are sure to beat you.

I experienced different during uth beta when there were plenty of solo or smallman setups in emain cause the bigger fishes in the lake would just let them be.

It's all about the players.

Best regards,
Zaya

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Jun 23, 2018 12:48

It's not hard to solo on a non-speed visibel, you just have to accept it taking longer to get from A to B, and dying more often to fg's.

But I mean, a place like DF. I really only ever see ns/sb, 1 shaman and the random BD in there when the other realm has it.

Anyway... I did not post to encourage people to solo, but to ask if there is something fundementally wrong with VW solo, other than lack of speed and a fg...?
Albion and having fun

Tohu
Myrmidon

Postby Tohu » Jun 27, 2018 18:03

Spivo wrote:It's not hard to solo on a non-speed visibel, you just have to accept it taking longer to get from A to B, and dying more often to fg's.

But I mean, a place like DF. I really only ever see ns/sb, 1 shaman and the random BD in there when the other realm has it.

Anyway... I did not post to encourage people to solo, but to ask if there is something fundementally wrong with VW solo, other than lack of speed and a fg...?

There is nothing "fundamentally wrong with VW", but there are better options for the gameplay you are presenting.

It is all a matter of personal choices then. VW is a powerful solo/smallmen class, and with the low population, if you build yourself some RRs, groups may even consider you.

But people who want to play as you describe will go to minstrel, shaman, sorcerer, or even skald, without counting stealthers.

A minstrel, for instance, has better tools than a VW for solo and pick his fights, and Alb is much, much easier than hib.
Looking for a DAoC 1.65 classic server.
Uth-Two: Nightshade <Lonely Teddy Bear> - Minstrel/Paladin <One Man Army> - Runemaster <TEAM AMERICA>
Genesis: Bard/Eldritch/Nightshade <Rainbow Unicorns> - Minstrel/Friar <Original Gamers>
Uth-One: Bard/Eldritch/Nightshade <The Covenant> - Shaman/Runemaster/Shadowblade <BabyBoyZ>

Jaysun
Myrmidon

Postby Jaysun » Aug 13, 2018 16:53

VW are a great 'starter class' easy to fund and one of the best Pve classes in the game. You can chain pull non-stop from almost level 5 just stopping for regen/endo or mana. Its my favorite class. VW's are great this patch-hopefully we can get SI in-but they are very viable.
Jaysun - Valewalker

Return to Valewalker