State of the Valewalker

monkeygodbob
Guardian

Postby monkeygodbob » Aug 04, 2017 17:51

Alright guys, well, the farming character is 1 bub from level 50, tailoring nearly maxed, and I'm finally beginning work on the Valewalker.

How are you all enjoying yours so far? Just as magical as I remember it from SI release? Do you find you are being passed over in rvr groups? Lets hear about those temps, were you able to toss one together that maxed everything? Any specific scythes or mostly player crafted?

I'm thinking the new BGs should be pretty fun to level through, Honestly I can't wait for the journey.

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Aug 09, 2017 13:25

I personally find the valewalker amongst the three most enjoyable classes in the game, the other two being eldritch and sb/ns

I'm about 9 bubs from 50 on my VW and I've enjoyed it throughout. I have been grinding a bit on Leprechauns near Scathaig in frontiers and have been able to kill of a few albs/mids coming around for some easy RP's, so I expect it to perform somewhat well for the solo purpose (which is my preferred style for the vw)

Caledonia was a blast, especially if somewhat geared for it (I had a level ~44 template on me during Caledonia that I made for leveling before the BG changes came out). Got 3L4 for the 47-50 grind, and I've been having fun blowing purge to fight off invaders while leveling in FZ.

I reckon I can make it work in a fg as well, as I have done that many a time before without issues. Sure you can get locked sometimes, but I recommend to put insta dot on a random mob on inc to get a free cc purge from it ;) Oh, and hacking away on zerkers/savages with a VW is always a good experience :)

Regarding scythes, I am using a 3.5 speed crafted

Template-wise, I made a makeshift 99 qual suit with relatively easy to get jewelry - it does only have 40 dex, 18 int, does not have any power or +arboreal and a few resists are only at 25%, but all in all I'm very pleased for the amount of effort to get it - It's quite cheap :) PM me your email if you want me to send it to you.
Uth1: Equade rr10 ranger, Fight rr7 sb, Sinwar rr6 thane
Genesis: Swift rr7 champ, Reaperinho rr6 vw, Sinwar rr5 eld
Uth2: NS, VW and Eld

Return to Valewalker