Any basic guides gonna be starting a VW next week.

mr_jon3s
Guardian

Postby mr_jon3s » Apr 05, 2017 22:25

So waiting for my x-fer to happen from albion to hibernia and am looking at the valewalker for my first character. Just wondering if anyone has any tips like where to go to hunt for cloth armor as you lvl or what should I spec while leveling more into scythe or Arborial. What should I put my starting points into if I make a Sylvan?

majedorcanie
Warder

Postby majedorcanie » Apr 06, 2017 07:40

Read the complete on this forum.
Sylvan i do 10 const/dext/quick.
To 1 to 34, i have always my level equal to my spec arbo, the other point in scythe.
At 34 arbo you have the last absorption 33%.
After put points in scythe to be 44 and yo have 44 scythe for stun back.
See the builder : play.nixian.eu

majedorcanie
Warder

Postby majedorcanie » Apr 06, 2017 09:23

At 50 :))
Spec group 50 scythe 38 arbo 20 parry
Spec solo/small group 44 scythe 38 arbo 30 parry

The important is to have 44 scythe mini and 34 arbo mini.

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Apr 12, 2017 14:33

Sylvan 10str 10dex 10qui

Str for dmg
Dex for cast speed, evade and parry
Qui for evade and swing speed (you wanna deliver as many side-style combos in the shortest amount of time possible)

I considered con instead of dex, but fell back to dex and landed on the above-mentioned.

I had a bit of money to start a tailor and a sc'er (3-400 should easily do the trick). Craft some leveling suits from 1st try armor (normal cloth - level 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and 45) and scythe pieces (you wanna go for the fastest scythes - so level 6, 11, 16 and 21 "Scythe" then 26, 31, 36, 41 and 46 "Mooncrested War Scythe"). Put procs on your weapons above 20.

Your time spent on this will pay back in happiness :-) It's a joy leveling like that, and you're not sitting idly by with a sour face when there are no groups - You may even consider just grinding solo. Orange mobs are easy, downtime is less because you can lifetap pull your way up on the next pull, and your scythe anytimer style does not have any +to hit bonus, so you may even want to consider only blowing endurance on positional openers and/or evade/parry styles.

Level 1 through 10 - Mag mell kill tasks
Level 11 through 17 - Valley of bri leith kill tasks
Level 18 through 19 - Innis carthaig kill tasks (i think)

EDIT:

Specs:

For me there are two, where I have previously played with 44 scythe, 38 arbo and 30 parry but I now intend to go 50 scythe, 38 arbo and 20 parry. More weapon spec is (slightly) higher dmg, but maybe mostly important because of defense penetration - As previously mentioned, VW's styles are excellent, but they lack +to hit bonuses, so grab whatever you can get in that regard imo. Anyways, I'll try both for some time I'm sure, and I do not expect the difference to be very big.
Uth1: Equade rr10 ranger, Fight rr7 sb, Sinwar rr6 thane
Genesis: Swift rr7 champ, Reaperinho rr6 vw, Sinwar rr5 eld
Uth2: NS, VW and Eld

Return to Valewalker