Valewalkers in rvr

Tomthabom10
Warder

Postby Tomthabom10 » Feb 12, 2017 22:22

How are they this patch? I heard they don't get too many groups due to not having det, but other than that how are they in 8v8/small man/solo?

Cinnah
Warder

Postby Cinnah » Feb 13, 2017 08:41

I haven't played VW in this patch but I know there are a lot of other threads that answer your questions under the Valewalker section.
Uthgard 2.0 Caten - Hibernia Mentalist
Guinevere - Tonden Midgard Thane
Lamorak - Rammzy Midgard Mauler
Mordred - Rammzy Albion Scout

bm01
Gryphon Knight

Postby bm01 » Feb 13, 2017 15:04

In 8vs8 they are generally suboptimal but can be fine. You bring a nice stun and some interrupts, your DD gives you something to do while rooted and has an ok DPS (but that was with buffbots, I doubt a Druid can afford giving you an Acuity buff here), your melee damage are fine (pretty high weaponskill if you invest 50 in Scythe, which you should). The lack of Determination isn't as bad as people say, "just" get a good Bard, purge, and destick early. I found it to be quite effective as a freelancer in some mage or hybrid groups (it also gives you enough time to finish the lateral chain, which has a great spike damage).

In small groups, like most hybrid classes, it's pretty amazing.
Last edited by bm01 on Feb 14, 2017 03:30, edited 1 time in total.

Feuille
Gryphon Knight

Postby Feuille » Feb 13, 2017 20:24

Expected behavior :

• - If you'r enough experienced and know your job you can manage to do amazing things but you'll need high RR skilled team mate that know all your pros and cons.

• - What I said is true for all others non set char group

• - There is the easy way but there are also others ways

Real behavior :

• - In most cases you won't have a group and others players gona make you hate your class. You'll rerol or better leave the game.

• - They is no way for hybrid char

Better to know it sooner than later, isn't it ?

bm01
Gryphon Knight

Postby bm01 » Feb 13, 2017 22:21

Or you could get some friends and a nice guild.

Renork
Warder

Postby Renork » Feb 15, 2017 18:48

You can play any class in this game and make it "work", but just because something works doesn't mean it is efficient, does it? VW's have always looked amazing on paper, but in reality they are not optimal in 1.65. I love vdubs and played one for the longest time, but the 3 side chain here with the low to hit bonus, coupled with no celerity and lack of det makes it a lot less attractive. They are quite strong in solo play if you choose the correct ra's (dodger/etc) and that's assuming you find solo players. This server is very populated so don't expect it too much.

Cinnah
Warder

Postby Cinnah » Feb 21, 2017 19:07

Feuille wrote:Expected behavior :

• - If you'r enough experienced and know your job you can manage to do amazing things but you'll need high RR skilled team mate that know all your pros and cons.

• - What I said is true for all others non set char group

• - There is the easy way but there are also others ways

Real behavior :

• - In most cases you won't have a group and others players gona make you hate your class. You'll rerol or better leave the game.

• - They is no way for hybrid char

Better to know it sooner than later, isn't it ?

Lol! Yes. This is why I quit live. Mauler 4 lyfe. Though I heard they are more accepted now. Miss the staff spec. It is also why I am playing a less enjoyable class for me. I want groups and dont want to sit around begging for a spot.

Cinnah
Warder

Postby Cinnah » Feb 21, 2017 19:07

Sorry double post