Evade and Parry

Zabulius77
Myrmidon

Postby Zabulius77 » Jan 02, 2017 23:29

How are evade and parry affected by starting stats? A celt has 5 more dex and 15 more qui than a sylvan. How does that factor into their defenses of evade and parry?

Also is the low quickness of Sylvans a bane or a boon for using scythe? The 5 dex difference doesn't bother me much but 15 qui could be a lot it seems. Offensively it seems the +10 str and int from a Sylvan would be beneficial.

Feuille
Gryphon Knight

Postby Feuille » Jan 03, 2017 09:22

More dext = 100% more parry + 50% more evade
More quick = 50% more evade + more weapon speed

Sylvan = good hybrid char (melee+caster)
Bolg = very good melee
Celt = a mix of both in less better but with more defense

carnalito
Gryphon Knight

Postby carnalito » Mar 01, 2017 15:56

Zabulius77 wrote:How are evade and parry affected by starting stats? A celt has 5 more dex and 15 more qui than a sylvan. How does that factor into their defenses of evade and parry?

Also is the low quickness of Sylvans a bane or a boon for using scythe? The 5 dex difference doesn't bother me much but 15 qui could be a lot it seems. Offensively it seems the +10 str and int from a Sylvan would be beneficial.

15 qui and 5 dex will yeld 0,5% base evade chance difference.

qui and dex are worth the same when it comes to evade.

Im certainly no VW expert, but i would guess qui is nice because you will swing faster and therefore your weapon/styles/buffs will proc more often.

Then again, dex is also nice, since it effects parry and castingspeed too :)

Personally i would not trade +10 str for -5 dex -15 qui

Feuille
Gryphon Knight

Postby Feuille » Mar 01, 2017 20:04

So you've :

Celt | good defense | low tank dmg | medium cast dmg
Sylvan | medium defense | medium tank dmg | good cast dmg
Firb | low defense | good tank dmg | medium cast dmg

Low = -1 | medium = 1 | good = 2

Celt = 2
Sylvan = 4
Firb = 3

But to my mind, you shouldn't care much about defense.

bm01
Gryphon Knight

Postby bm01 » Mar 02, 2017 15:13

Front load damage, which would be the only reason to go Firbolg, doesn't matter much for a Valewalker. Attack speed however does. The 20 Qui difference between a Celt and a Firbolg is quite huge for Blizzard, it makes the chain much more consistent especially if it follows a back stun. 20 Qui is also pretty useful when you need to stun your target but your style misses.

Dex isn't very important if you're grouped and buffed, 20 Dex doesn't give much in terms of cast speed at 250+. It is however pretty damn important for solo (where your personal defense might actually matter) and unbalanced small groups.

Celt isn't just more balanced, it's overall better. I value Quickness more than Strength in most cases. Firbolg also get 5% Heat which is way less important than Spirit or Energy.

Sylvan pretty much has the same issues as Firbolg, but less pronounced. 10 extra Int seems sweet but remember that you should be in melee most of the time.

For group play I would recommend Celt with 10 Str 10 Qui 10 Int. Dex and Con are mostly for solo.

majedorcanie
Warder

Postby majedorcanie » Mar 03, 2017 15:48

i do celt +10 str +10 const +10 dext.
Firbolg and sylvan are low in dext/quick.
And no decap/% speed cast/melee on this server.

Spec for my vw 50 : 44 scythe 36 Arbo (51 at 4L) 33 Parry.

Vw can dps in assist Hero/Bm with the chain side while the stun shield or the stun side/back.
Hast druid and self don't stack.
i try to have two scythe for xp/rvr: a 3.6(alone unbuff) and a 5.5(if i m grouped and buffed).

Return to Valewalker