RvR as a Ranger

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Feb 09, 2018 18:39

Majeric wrote:My 2 cents regarding archer damage in general.

Since my hunter is just lvl 27 at the moment i can just verify my findings up to this level. From what i can see they are using pretty much the same damage formula for bow damage as for melee calculations. Up to this moment on all melee i have done on uthgard i could verify that the formula on http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_Damage pretty much nails the results i have during play.
This still also holds true for archery damage which is said in the forum to be the same as melee. That said with max bow damage + buffs + template it should be normal to do around 200 damage with a normal bow shot (x-heavy damage) on a full templated chain wearer.

I believe this is correct. Archery to me seems to be treated exactly like unstyled melee in terms of damage. I noticed SM pets will intercept arrows as well. I found evidence that this was only supposed to happen for melee attacks. The only conclusion is in UTH2 archery appears to be nothing more than an unstyled ranged melee attack that uses endurance. This also explains bow procs...

Previous

Return to Ranger