Any 50 Rangers? How are things these days?

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Feb 26, 2018 01:46

1. None of you are my customers. This is a community and calling "people" names is not something I want to promote by letting it stay unchallenged. The server does have bugs, but calling it buggard is just plain insulting compared to the alternatives.

2. I have personally made significant checks in "devmode" to see if absorb, af, etc correctly was accounted for and it was. If you think something is truly wrong then please tell me the correct dmg formula(s) or help me develop them. Until then it is "on hold" for me while I focus our developer time into work that is "ready to go".

EDIT: and before someone copy a dmg formula from an old vnboard thread, no that is incorrect.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Elije
Warder

Postby Elije » Feb 26, 2018 02:47

Trishin wrote:1. None of you are my customers.

THIS attitude is the problem. Edited to remove harshness.

Lazyghost
Myrmidon

Postby Lazyghost » Feb 26, 2018 04:02

Elije wrote:
Trishin wrote:1. None of you are my customers.

THIS attitude is the problem. Edited to remove harshness.

He's right tho none of us are his customers we are guests in his play park. That he and other gms donate their time to make work. Bugs do get fixed bout takes time. Trust me I feel your pain I would love to if my ranger to 50 but the way they are atm is fubar and to play a melee ranger is like playing a melee caster pointless and against the chars main to us. If that does not show how somthing is wrong nothing else will.

Elije
Warder

Postby Elije » Feb 27, 2018 01:52

Lazyghost wrote:Bugs do get fixed bout takes time. Trust me I feel your pain I would love to if my ranger to 50 but the way they are atm is fubar and to play a melee ranger is like playing a melee caster pointless and against the chars main to us. If that does not show how somthing is wrong nothing else will.

I wasn't concerned about the actual bug. It is what it is (or it ain't what it ain't if not actually bugged). I was appalled that a dev who's as clueless as this in public relations is allowed to post on the game's behalf. She got rankled when she should have simply ignored the comment.

Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » Feb 27, 2018 07:51

Elije wrote:
Lazyghost wrote:Bugs do get fixed bout takes time. Trust me I feel your pain I would love to if my ranger to 50 but the way they are atm is fubar and to play a melee ranger is like playing a melee caster pointless and against the chars main to us. If that does not show how somthing is wrong nothing else will.

I wasn't concerned about the actual bug. It is what it is (or it ain't what it ain't if not actually bugged). I was appalled that a dev who's as clueless as this in public relations is allowed to post on the game's behalf. She got rankled when she should have simply ignored the comment.

Why should they ignore your comments? You want to speak your mind and be derogatory about a free product that you use but expect the Devs to "just ignore your comments"?

You're part of the problem here .

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Feb 28, 2018 00:11

Trishin wrote:1. None of you are my customers. This is a community and calling "people" names is not something I want to promote by letting it stay unchallenged. The server does have bugs, but calling it buggard is just plain insulting compared to the alternatives.

2. I have personally made significant checks in "devmode" to see if absorb, af, etc correctly was accounted for and it was. If you think something is truly wrong then please tell me the correct dmg formula(s) or help me develop them. Until then it is "on hold" for me while I focus our developer time into work that is "ready to go".

EDIT: and before someone copy a dmg formula from an old vnboard thread, no that is incorrect.

Yea, although I (as many others) feel something is "off" I really can't prove anything. Thus I have decided to work with how it is....understanding the damage output is not as remembered or expected... so adjusting my play style accordingly.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 28, 2018 01:53

In 99% of the cases the players are just plane wrong. Seen that so many times in the bug section.
Ppl claim something is buged, go viral with it, post it wherever there can. Calling it bugtard.
5min Pendragon test and I see Uthgard is correct...

Elije
Warder

Postby Elije » Feb 28, 2018 13:00

Glacier wrote:
Elije wrote:

Why should they ignore your comments? You want to speak your mind and be derogatory about a free product that you use but expect the Devs to "just ignore your comments"?

You're part of the problem here .

Are we reading the same thread? I wasn't the one who complained that rangers were "buggard," which is the comment she should have let go, and I'm in no way surprised that she responded to MY comment, as I had directed it at her.

I'm not the one in any way complaining about the game. I'm concerned with their galling lack of public relations skills, and my point was that it would have been better to SAY NOTHING. Why respond to that comment? Nobody called here out. Does she think the comment makes her product look bad? Did her response in any way make her or this game look in any way better? It was an amateur move, and perhaps I enjoyed being the razberry nerd pointing that out, but it's still true.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Feb 28, 2018 13:27

I think I understand, the issue is not backed by enough data to be taken into account.
Until more information is obtained to make the issue relevant it will not be worked upon.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Mar 07, 2018 16:35

The one thing I do want to test is why it "seems" there is no difference in damage done to cloth wearers vs tank armor.

Cloth should give significantly less melee damage protection.

I am going to see if I can setup some tests to verify this. Almost wondering if something with armor buffs are not being divided by 6 and instead each piece of armor that is hit is treated like it has 100% of the armor buffs (giving it an effective 6x times effectiveness).

Note: can anyone confirm if the following mechanic is correct?

http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_Damage

Gian
Warder

Postby Gian » Apr 05, 2018 17:21

bump , just to keep it going...

quite alot of the archery dps problems can be attributed to this AF factor thing, hope we can get it sorted :hammer:

Tzaaaaa
Gryphon Knight

Postby Tzaaaaa » Apr 26, 2018 19:22

if any of you have some spare time, you should try if the crazy dmg is somewhat linked to wrong armor type resist calculation.
usually i do in line dmg on infs and sbs (between 300 and 400 normal shot) but when i switch on a target with chain armor, the dmg drops ridicolously (using barbed ofc)

Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » Apr 30, 2018 18:36

If you want to test this I can play the 4 armor types on hib as targets. I'm west coast US but with a cpl days notice could meet most play times.

Since archery bow damage on live is much different I don't see the advantage to testing there.

Previous

Return to Ranger