Procs on bows

Barph
Warder

Postby Barph » Mar 15, 2017 13:54

Do player made procs work on bows?

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Mar 15, 2017 21:18

Barph wrote:Do player made procs work on bows?

they did in beta. think now too
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Dranith
Warder

Postby Dranith » Mar 18, 2017 03:34

I can confirm they work perfectly fine.
Dranith - Member of Ordo Veritas
www.legend-gaming.net

whydoyoulook
Warder

Postby whydoyoulook » Mar 20, 2017 20:43

They do work... But they should NOT work on player crafted bows, as they never worked on live.

http://gaheris.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=680

Fletching: the optional craft

If you want to skip fletching, I won't blame you, it is nice to make those legendary elemental friar staves, but I found little use for it beyond that. Arrows no longer exist, crafted bows are a joke because weapon effects cannot be added to them (well they technically can but they do nothing) and compared to countless other bows that have proc effects on them there is no reason to ever craft a bow for an archer.

Ghast_Bors
Warder

Postby Ghast_Bors » Mar 21, 2017 03:18

whydoyoulook wrote:They do work... But they should NOT work on player crafted bows, as they never worked on live.

http://gaheris.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=680

Fletching: the optional craft

If you want to skip fletching, I won't blame you, it is nice to make those legendary elemental friar staves, but I found little use for it beyond that. Arrows no longer exist, crafted bows are a joke because weapon effects cannot be added to them (well they technically can but they do nothing) and compared to countless other bows that have proc effects on them there is no reason to ever craft a bow for an archer.

You're quoting info that does not pertain to 1.65. Arrows exist at this patch level and elemental weapons do not.

Sivle
Myrmidon

Postby Sivle » Mar 21, 2017 20:27

It's a custom change. Crafted proces did not work on bows with 1.65.

1.66 TL Report proofs that:

2.) Not Being Able to Craft Procs on Bows: Why bows should be excluded from having procs crafted on to them is a complete and utter
mystery to me and the playerbase. The dropped bows that have procs clearly show this is possible.

http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?t=262561
Elvis, Nightshade
"Das Tribunal"

Bistravoda
Myrmidon

Postby Bistravoda » Mar 22, 2017 03:10

Sivle wrote:It's a custom change. Crafted proces did not work on bows with 1.65.

1.66 TL Report proofs that:

2.) Not Being Able to Craft Procs on Bows: Why bows should be excluded from having procs crafted on to them is a complete and utter
mystery to me and the playerbase. The dropped bows that have procs clearly show this is possible.

http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?t=262561

you are not serious, how is some bug from previous patch ono custom change. I suppose it has to be improvement, not have old bugs. data batacava
Sent from AMG using Crtical Shot

Bistravoda = Clean Water

Sivle
Myrmidon

Postby Sivle » Mar 22, 2017 07:17

Well. It was no bug. It was intended that crafted proces did not work on bows. But I am absolutely your opinion. It's a good thing and should stay as it is.
Elvis, Nightshade
"Das Tribunal"

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Mar 22, 2017 13:05

Sivle wrote:Well. It was no bug. It was intended that crafted proces did not work on bows. But I am absolutely your opinion. It's a good thing and should stay as it is.

Please delete or edit your previous post then...Don't wanna bring some gm on bad ideas
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

ultraboykj
Guardian

Postby ultraboykj » Jul 06, 2017 14:22

Procs do work on crafted bows, can confirm, its just a ridiculously low proc rate - Id say around 5%. Part of the reason for it is because it only works at the range mentioned on the proc and my range is longer than the max range of the proc. So its only procing on enemies that close the distance. It happens so infrequently, that I am surprised when it happens.

Tested this in dueling situations with a bard ( sorry I do not remember 100% who you were, but I think it was crushie? ) and I fired 30 shots and 2 proced.

Heat proc has a weird max range as well - at least in hib ( 1300 I think ) when all the rest are 1500.

Laberintica
Warder

Postby Laberintica » Jul 15, 2017 02:21

Proc's on crafted bows did not work on 1.65. I remember when SI came out with the boss bows that had proc's on them , it was a big deal.

DaytonChambers
Warder

Postby DaytonChambers » Nov 02, 2017 22:56

ultraboykj wrote:Procs do work on crafted bows, can confirm, its just a ridiculously low proc rate - Id say around 5%. Part of the reason for it is because it only works at the range mentioned on the proc and my range is longer than the max range of the proc. So its only procing on enemies that close the distance. It happens so infrequently, that I am surprised when it happens.

Tested this in dueling situations with a bard ( sorry I do not remember 100% who you were, but I think it was crushie? ) and I fired 30 shots and 2 proced.

Heat proc has a weird max range as well - at least in hib ( 1300 I think ) when all the rest are 1500.

The DoT proc also suffers from this but it's even worse. It has a range of 300 units and will pretty much never fire. However, I've had great luck with Buff type procs firing often.

Experimenting with different setups I found haste works best for our class but the damage shield, AF(spec that stacks with your self-casted), and ablative weapon procs also fire rather often compared to DD procs (since you will always be in range). Haste lasts a minute, helps with bow speed as well as melee, and once it procs it's pretty much guaranteed to proc again within it's 1-minute duration for constant uptime so long as you can keep shooting.

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Nov 03, 2017 01:33

I like that feature. =)
Albion Forever!

Return to Ranger