Ranger viability RvR end game.

mordakane
Warder

Postby mordakane » Feb 23, 2017 18:26

Was thinking of switching to the Hibernia realm as Midgard seems to be dominating and Albion is full of Auto Trainer's, Necros and Cabalists.

How are Rangers for RvR end game. I keep hearing stories about how Archery is brutal this patch level and Stealthers wrecking archers. Is this true? Can you make a Balanced Ranger and be somewhat successful?

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Feb 23, 2017 19:16

Probably strongest archer but still ******

Zansobar
Myrmidon

Postby Zansobar » Feb 23, 2017 19:51

You should be fine as a sniper spec doing keep defense. If you want to roam or be mellee spec you should be fine running in a large stealther group (you will be the bait).

Solo roamer i wouldnt attempt.

mordakane
Warder

Postby mordakane » Feb 23, 2017 20:29

Zansobar wrote:You should be fine as a sniper spec doing keep defense. If you want to roam or be mellee spec you should be fine running in a large stealther group (you will be the bait).

Why is this? Is it just the range at which an assassin can see you at? Is Camo broken? How about for Roaming DF? I'm also assuming adding on to fights and picking off stragglers.

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Feb 23, 2017 23:08

I played a Ranger during beta..full DF gear non-templated.

Guess it depends on what you want to do. I was a sniper spec. I found it was quite difficult to kill anything 1 on 1 unless they were distracted or afk. I was most effective adding on to stealth vs stealth fights or 8v8 fights. Just seemed bow damage was kinda gimpy. Camo works fine. Pets will follow you and hit you even when you restealth.

All that being said, it might be better now as there are many more targets, not as many stealthers, and actual keep battles. Also there may be lower level targets of opportunity leveling in frontiers, crafters, DF etc.

Zansobar
Myrmidon

Postby Zansobar » Feb 24, 2017 20:12

mordakane wrote:
Zansobar wrote:You should be fine as a sniper spec doing keep defense. If you want to roam or be mellee spec you should be fine running in a large stealther group (you will be the bait).

Why is this? Is it just the range at which an assassin can see you at? Is Camo broken? How about for Roaming DF? I'm also assuming adding on to fights and picking off stragglers.

The range assassins can see you plus the cooldown on camo are issues. And if you are caught by an assassin in melee i just dont see how you can win against a class that excels at melee and will be specced into melee with more spec points per level than you get, plus they will have str/con debuff poison and a dot poison.

Bahumat
Warder

Postby Bahumat » Feb 27, 2017 15:46

Avoid Pain, Ignore Pain, Dodger, Purge all help make you stronger in a melee fight. It's not something you'll have at RR3, but as time goes by your survivability increases.

Return to Ranger