Anyone doing Ranger in Uthgard 2.0?

Zansobar
Myrmidon

Postby Zansobar » Mar 14, 2017 06:22

Zansobar wrote:
Lazyghost wrote:
Zansobar wrote:I'm glad I brought this to the attention of the forum, even though I didn't go ahead and create an issue tracker report myself. It seems like it will be a simple fix in their damage formula but it might take them quite awhile to look into it.

5hats great news. What will this mean dammage wise if hey fix it

It could be as much as an 80% increase in bow damage if you had a 40% reduction in bow speed from quickness (that was not supposed to reduce bow damage formulas). My assumptions were based on a 5.4 speed bow lowering to 3.2 seconds per shot (i'm not sure if that is the correct speed reduction but if it was it should be about 80% increase in bow shot damage from the boost to slow weapon bonus and the SPD factor in the formula). This seems about right to me for end results on bow damage per shot. Bow damage should NOT be doing 250 -300 per crit and thus half that on a normal shot. With a MP bow you could probably see almost a doubling of the overall bow damage reported in the tests above.

Remember this is not an across the board buff. You won't be doing much more damage at lower levels since you are not quickness buffed much at that level. It mostly would affect higher levels with full pathfinding buffs and quickness stats maxed from items. That is end game damage could go up by 80% to 100% from what is listed above (assuming using a 100% qual bow vs the DF bow used in the damage tests), but early game damage would not change much.

Lazyghost
Myrmidon

Postby Lazyghost » Mar 15, 2017 11:01

still that kind of dammage would bring it back into line with how i remmber my Scout performing. back in the day

Zansobar
Myrmidon

Postby Zansobar » Mar 15, 2017 16:04

Lazyghost wrote:still that kind of dammage would bring it back into line with how i remmber my Scout performing. back in the day

I agree.

Previous

Return to Ranger