What stat is base for DD-damage?

Icp
Gryphon Knight

Postby Icp » Apr 13, 2018 13:08

hi, can anyone tell me, what stat is the base for the damage of DD/insta-DD of nightshade? i hear some curious things like STR, stealth-skill etc., but no one can tell excactly what is for uthgard...and is there more INT in temp increasing the manapool?

ty

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Apr 15, 2018 03:39

str increases pow pool, no stat has any affect on damage or cast speed.

Elije
Warder

Postby Elije » Apr 21, 2018 21:36

I can't speak to casting speed, and am inclined to agree that nothing affects it, but my own testing showed strength does affect damage.

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » Apr 22, 2018 01:23

I thought it was intel
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Apr 25, 2018 18:36

can a NS test this? :)

Elije
Warder

Postby Elije » Apr 28, 2018 01:32

My own test was last year with newbs, comparing damage against the same yellow mob at level 5, with all in strength versus none in strength same int, and elf vs keen / all in int none in int. Int had no difference, and str had a small but measurable difference.

I was brand new, and the test would be more valid with a wider difference between the test subjects with some buffs and gear.

Puz
Warder

Postby Puz » Apr 29, 2018 13:08

I did a short test on my shade as well when people talked about this in /as. Removing all strength while leveling did give a noticable reduction in damage output. So I assume (at least on uthgard atm) str is used in the damage calculation somewhere.
Na Fianna Dragun / The Dark Alliance

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Feb 06, 2020 20:43

I can confirm that DD damage output is based on str. I tested it on Abermenai keep door (destroying the door twice with DD, log available for one of those sessions).

Buff pots affected dmg significantly enough that -- given how long it takes to blast down a low level door with a weak dd -- it was worth using both Str and Str/Con pots on my shaderitch. Int pots and item bonuses had zero effect.
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Return to Nightshade