Why Are NS Templating in Envenom?

Amurdora
Myrmidon

Postby Amurdora » Jan 08, 2018 18:57

It gimps the hell out of your suit. Don’t do it. Swap out two items like a pro.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jan 08, 2018 20:21

Envenom on your suit provides alot of benefits. reduces DoT varience and allows faster reapplication of poisons mid fight, and saves inventory space which is in short supply. Not that tough to make a very effective suit with envenom capped. Swapping out envenom items will cost you more dps in the long run than a few less % in a strategically chosen resist will save. Swap if you want, see how it goes.

Amurdora
Myrmidon

Postby Amurdora » Jan 08, 2018 20:33

The damage variance is more like 1-2% at worse. One weapon proc on you of the wrong damage type is going to make up that difference. Part of building my suit is going to be looking over enemy templates and exploiting those holes people leave.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Jan 08, 2018 21:31

An enemy weapon proc of a low resist doesn't happen very often, whereas DoTs are applied multiple times every fight. the difference in damge taken from a dd proc with 0 resists and capped resists is ~30 damage. small potatoes and that is the most extreme circumstance. most fights the damage gained from 0 dot varience will be more than 30 points of damage, and considerably more when WA and/or viper are used. I'm not telling you your way is wrong or that mine is better, i would rather have less dot varience, faster poison reapplications, and more inventory space. You may prefer better heat resists.

I do think people spend way to much time searching for some silver bullet template that in practice will have 0 impact on the number of fights won when they should simply get out there and try to physically play their characters more effectively.

Return to Nightshade