cs-line
debuff venom
see hidden vs nonexistent scout,hunter
dd

climbing in keeps

con
no real range dps, just casts to rupt or finish

or are there more pro/cons?

if not, why do everyone say that ns is far better?

idiotron
Warder

Postby idiotron » Aug 07, 2017 13:50

My own personal opinion:

Rangers have Dodger, camouflage, and they don't have Physical Defense anymore, but they wear reinforced armor which is better than leather.

Nightshades have Dodger, Mastery of Stealth, Viper, See Hidden, climb walls, safe fall, detect hidden, evade 7, Perforate Artery... They say Garrote+Achilles Heel growth rate is insane. I think they don't have Vanish anymore.

According to some random armor resistance table that I just found on a quick Google search both armors (reinforced and leather) have the same resistances to thrust, crush and slash. Both should use piercing weapons, since slash preys are scarce. Both have access to after evade stun, both have access to side stun.

Rangers should be more expensive to template, nightshades will spend a lot of money on poisons with time, and will have to template not only their armor and main weapons, but also a lot of extra weapons to switch around while in melee combat.

If a ranger and a nightshade were to duel I would bet for the nightshade, they are swiss army knives and use hundreds of previously poisoned knives.

If we are talking about RvR I think they would basically aim for the same preys, except assassins can detect archers more easily than the other way around.

The playstyle is quite different. Rangers can snipe, nightshades will hardly ever try to engage with their spells (castershade?). In melee rangers will fight normally with their limitations, nightshades will be switching blades applying poisons constantly and taking advantage of that Garrote+Achilles Heel insane growth rate everyone talks about.

I used to play a ranger back in old Uthgard when we had Physical Defense and Shars (slash damage, high str), but that was basically the only reason I played a ranger, I have always been more into the nightshade actually. Now that rangers aren't THAT broken I play a nightshade.

Just play whatever you will have more fun with.

Of course, this is just my own personal opinion and I know nothing about anything. Greetings!

mikkyo
Warder

Postby mikkyo » Aug 07, 2017 20:51

thx. closed :)

Return to Nightshade